cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint HTC Hero accessories start to show up

Highlighted
Patron

Sprint HTC Hero accessories start to show up

For those interested I wanted to start a thread about accessories for the Sprint Htc Hero. I have only found a few but it would be nice if people added to this thread when they find new ones online.  I have found 1 site offering some and also ebay has a few I will post the links below. Also seidiononline.com has an email signup for when they get accessories in.

http://www.handhelditems.com/cell-phone-accessories-sprint-hero-accessories-c-3524_5132_7422.html

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1312&_nkw=sprint+htc+hero&_sacat=See-All-Categori...

http://www.seidioonline.com/

14 REPLIES 14
Wizard

Re: Sprint HTC Hero accessories start to show up

What do people think about those Zagg screen protectors?

Will you use one even with the oleophobic coating?  I would only use the one that covers the screen, not the back at all....just not my style.  It took me a while to get one for my Instinct, but glad that I did.  I am debating the screen cover when it is available, but not sure how that will affect or negate the "special" coating.

Journeyman

Hopefully I'll be able to find a screen protector that doesn't make the phone look like crap. That's the only issue I have with using screen protectors. I'd almost rather have a screen with a few scratches on it than a screen protector that comes off or dulls the screen too much...

Journeyman

mmark27 wrote:

What do people think about those Zagg screen protectors?

Will you use one even with the oleophobic coating?  I would only use the one that covers the screen, not the back at all....just not my style.  It took me a while to get one for my Instinct, but glad that I did.  I am debating the screen cover when it is available, but not sure how that will affect or negate the "special" coating.

I must say that I am VERY happy to have the InvisiShield on my Instinct, and honestly, when I get my Hero, I hope I can throw one right on the release, the full body protection that is. I love how it makes my whole phone 'shine' + the awesome scratch protection. It is NOT my phone case tho, I still use a regular leather phone case for my Instinct, and plan to do the same when I get my Hero. I believe it is an investment to get it, why not? Its a lifetime gaurentee.

Journeyman

I doubt that I will utilize a screen protector with my Hero, but I do want to get some kind of case for it. Those rubbery, jelly looking cases from the frirst post dont cut it for me though. From my understanding the back already has some type of grippy texture to it, no need to add to that with similar type of casing.

Ive grown used to carrying my current phone in my pocket, so Im really not looking forward to going back to a holster for my phone, yet Im not sure how comfortable I will be keeping my Hero in my pocket.

First look at accessories is unimpressive imo.

Journeyman

Edaze55 wrote:

Ive grown used to carrying my current phone in my pocket, so Im really not looking forward to going back to a holster for my phone, yet Im not sure how comfortable I will be keeping my Hero in my pocket.

I carry my Instinct in my pocket in its original pouch. I am looking to do the same with the Hero but haven't found anything that comes close yet.

Journeyman

I may get a screen protector. As long as it doesn't make the screen look dull or change the feeling. And I ordered a new generic horizontal belt case. The one I've been using for my Instinct is starting to look a lil beat up and I don't want that for my Hero.

Journeyman

Boxwave is my favorite screen protector. Used it on my many devices. They don't seem to have any for the Sprint Hero yet.The original Hero screen is a little different so I have they have something in the next 11 days, woot, almost single digits.

http://www.boxwave.com

Journeyman

Hmm...that's not a bad price. Doesn't the Hero come with one? I think I read it did on XDA. Or maybe just the GSM model did.

Nevermind. They said they bought the "official" HTC screen protector for their Hero.

Message was edited by: ajones1989

Journeyman

Bar NONE! the best screen protection system is GHOST ARMOR! Check it out www.Ghost-Armor.com they have the best warranty and the thinnest CLEAREST protector. I stumbled across them 2 years ago and have never strayed. Now there is a ghost armor near my house in Phoenix so I get them to install it!

Journeyman

I've e-mailed both Zagg and Ghost Armor for information about if and when they will be making products for the Hero.  Only time will tell.

Fubie

Wizard

Fubie wrote:

I've e-mailed both Zagg and Ghost Armor for information about if and when they will be making products for the Hero.  Only time will tell.

Fubie

Yeah, I heard back from Zagg yesterday. Stock answer, but I bet they will have a Zagg ready to roll on Oct. 11th.

--------------------

Thank you for contacting ZAGG, where we are Zealous About Great Gadgets! My name is Alicia and I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
In regards to your email, the invisibleSHIELD does not interfere with the oleophobic coating. Thank you for your inquiry on an invisibleSHIELD for the Sprint HTC Hero. At the moment we do not have an invisibleSHIELD designed for this device. If you would like to put in a request for an invisibleSHIELD design for the Sprint HTC hero please visit the following link:
http://www.zagg.com/hotgadgets/index.php
If we determine that there is a market for your device, we will reach out to you for you to ship it to us to design an invisibleSHIELD for it. We will cover the cost of the invisibleSHIELD and return shipping.
Thank you for choosing ZAGG. We appreciate your business!
All the best,
Alicia

Customer Service Representative

ZAGG Inc.
3855 S 500 W STE B, SLC, UT 84115
801.263.0699 (o)
801.281.3458 (f)
HOME OF THE

Nasdaq BB Symbol: ZAGG
ZAGG.com

-----------------

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat