cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Navigation Update Available for Hero and Moment

Journeyman

Sprint Navigation Update Available for Hero and Moment

Updates navigation to version 2.8. For update simply open Nav and you will be prompted.

48 REPLIES 48
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Navigation Update Available for Hero and Moment

Yay for speech input that finally works without calling in!! You now have 2 options in preferences, before it gave you the option to change input method, but the only option selection that came up was "call it in".

it's still more buttons to be pressed than on the instinct, and it's not as smooth than google maps nav direct from the search button... but it is better!

The program itself has some things that work better than the instinct version, and quite a few that don't.

Heres to google maps nav being on my phone in less than 3 months! (hopefully, as long as sprint doesn't delay 2.1)

Journeyman

oh hell yes... they finally added a way to get it to pop up along with google maps when you are browsing (or have searched via the google voice search), so it can go direct to sprint nav!

That is key!  Finally direct access to sprint nav from outside sprint nav.

Also, have to hold phone away from mouth when talking, by a good 1.5 feet or so, or it will turn wal-mart in to "mc jim's smugglin plums to kinky town shop"

Journeyman

aww.... dang it... they forgot to put the coding that would actually send the address through to sprint nav from the web browser... it just opens up sprint nav... asks how you want to get to the location, and then asks for the address again, when you clearly clicked on the address in the first place to get it there.... idiots.

Journeyman

I use Sprint Navigation regularly so this is something nice to see.

But it's not great to see Sprint updating apps before updating to the O/S on their "Flagship" Android phone.  Oh wait, the O/S update will supposidly bring us Google Maps Nav with audio input and more, if Sprint doesn't try to rip it out first.

Fubie
HTC Hero and Sprint
The Not Right Now Android  Phone™ on   the  Now Network™.

Unlike a certain battery powered bunny who   keeps "Going and going and going..." we keep "Waiting  and waiting and   waiting..."

Journeyman

man, always so quick to critisize...

in this case you have full reason to though, but for other reasons:

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_out_when_Sprint_Navigation_28_is_available_for_your_d...

I found this article, the decision to update to sprint nav 2.8 actually predates the phones release (why make the other version android compatible, rather than just working on the new version and making that android compatible),  so, that means that this was not something that they planned specifically to bring out to be released as a method of saying "you don't have 2.1, but we'll give you our best shot".

Also, it's been something that's been implemented on all phones.

Also, they had no problem releasing a fairly specific date for this release well in advance, interestingly enough

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry for not understanding. What do you mean we can use "speech input that finally works without calling in!!". My question is where is this preferences option located on the phone? Thanks for your bloggin and hope you can answer my question.

Journeyman

OK I did the update last night for my wifes phone and mine.  My phone boots up after logging in and the top screen says "Sprint Navigation Premium".  I can set the speak it to voice or call in.  My wifes phone does not say "Premiuim" and there is no option in preferneces to set the "speak it" function to accept voice recognition.  Phones on the same account and updated at the same time. Both versions show v2.8 but are different.  Anyone else have these issues?

Journeyman

I downloaded the new upgrade to sprint nav and now I can't turn off navigation and when i put the phone to sleep the sceen lock is gone when I wake it up Help!!!!!!

Journeyman

I guess I did something wrong.  I went back in and completed the trip and then backed out and everything is fine again.

Journeyman

Has anyone noticed the size of the Navigation file now. It was 1.42mb now it is well over 6mb. Or is it just me. Did i do something wrong

Journeyman

My update looks like yours i.e. 'Premium.' Maybe the update didn't complete properly on your wife's phone?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat