cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Navigation Update Available for Hero and Moment

Journeyman

Re: Sprint Navigation Update Available for Hero and Moment

Thanks dayvedayve  I don't know why I couldn't find that.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and now seems to be fine.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there a way to delete the downloaded installation files? I think it is eating up my internal memory because I had to download it twice and now I have limited space to install apps.

Journeyman

What navigation update are you talking about and where do i get it?

Journeyman

The download file is on the SD card in your download folder.  The app is over 6 MB in size compared to the 1.?MB before.  Try going to manage applications and clear the cache of your browsers.  I always do that ever so often to free up some internal memory.. Also delete some old MMS because they take up some memory

Journeyman

Whats the update for and what is included in the update?

Journeyman

First, thanks for the heads-up on the update...  I don't use the navigation that much so I didn't know. But wow, it most certainly did eat up a lot more space uh? Hope it's worth it, still not sure what it did. Yea, it now says "premium" on top... but what's that mean? I tried to search an address by speaking it , it took me to the "state the city, and state" promt an then kept asking me to say the buisness name. It was a residence, not a buisness. I got stuck and exited out of it. I'll play with it more later but honestly, I use it mostly for private residence and not buisness addresses. I know where my Wal-mart is and Google Voice always finds the phone numbers of local buisness spots with less steps than the Sprint navi. app. Am I missing something?

Journeyman

Sprint admin could you tell us what's going on with this updat?

Journeyman

No "Premium" on mine either.  I do not have voice options at all.  Looks like the same old ap.....

Journeyman

Woo Hoo.  Since this went so well, now I can't wait for the Premium non-update to 2.1 just around the corner...

Fubie
HTC Hero and Sprint
The Not Right Now Android Phone™   on   the Now Network™.

Unlike a certain battery powered bunny  who  keeps "Going and going and going..." the Hero keeps "Waiting and   waiting and waiting..."

Journeyman

Can anyone verify what the updates are. My biggest problem has always been if you are relying on it and you happen to drive through and area and lose internet the apps stops working and you get lost cause it cant download the maps anymore left me stranded a few times. lol

I did find a nice paid app that completely installs on the phone just wondered if i should get it cause i dont want lost again

Journeyman

Oh soooooo sweet!

Patron

I didn't notice this feature before but when you go to Share & More --> My Stuff --> Commute Alerts you can now set up alerts to notify you if there are accidents or other traffic delays between work and home for your daily commute! I've scheduled it to send a text message to me 5 minutes before I leave work every day -- we'll see if it ever catches anything. When I look at a map from the application showing the path it's monitoring it uses Google Maps so I'm wondering if that's where it pulls the traffic info from.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat