cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint's value of the Hero is odd...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint's value of the Hero is odd...

I went to the sprintbuyback.com site to see what they'd give me for my Hero in case I want to switch to something else. They are offering $65 for the Hero. This isn't the odd part though. They are offering $111 for the Droid Eris. This is essentially the same phone. Plus the Hero costs $179 on contract and the Eris $49. WTF?

I looked to see what a Samsung Instinct would fetch as I have a couple sitting in a drawer and it isn't on the list...not even Sprint want these POS phones...

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

To me, it looks like Sprint don't want Hero users to leave by offering less money, and want to encourage Eris users on Verizon to switch to Sprint(!?) by offering more money ...... Moment..... I have no idea... you are right Sprint doesn't even want those!!!

Highlighted
Master

The Hero is listed at $121.65

The HTC Droid Eris is listed at $111.60

The Samsung Instinct M800 is listed at $30.00

The pricing on there has to do with how many they have in stock(ie..returns to refurb for replacements) At times if their stock gets too low they will up the price they offer to give. I'm not sure what they will do with the competitions phones they buy back or how they figure what they are worth.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Levi4u wrote:

The Hero is listed at $121.65

The HTC Droid Eris is listed at $111.60

The Samsung Instinct M800 is listed at $30.00

The pricing on there has to do with how many they have in stock(ie..returns to refurb for replacements) At times if their stock gets too low they will up the price they offer to give. I'm not sure what they will do with the competitions phones they buy back or how they figure what they are worth.

So I guess the odd thing now is that when I looked a little earlier it had the Hero at $65, now it is listed, as you found, at $121.65...and the Instinct M800 didn't even come up at all. All they had listed was Instinct S30 Purple for $30. I didn't even know that there was a purple Instinct.

I hope they are still doing this in October when I'm in the market for another phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I cant even imagine why they would concider buying back an Instinct as these are only fit for a landfill.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Say what you want about the Instinct, I thought it was a very good phone!  Its biggest problem was the lack of support by Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Levi4u: I'm not sure what they will do with the competitions phones they buy back...

For some reason, I'm imagining some sort of no-mans land prisoner exchange like the ones from spy films.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat