cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stereo Bluetooth & Hero....does it work?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Stereo Bluetooth & Hero....does it work?

I just got the hero and I brought the Altec Lansing Backbeat 903 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones that sprint has. When I connect, music goes in and out. Has anyone else had this problem

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Stereo Bluetooth & Hero....does it work?

I have also had the same problem so I returned the first pair and experienced the same problem with the second pair. I addition to the music going in and out, they were a bit uncomfortable (it is a shame that they did not ship with different size ear pieces), and the sound quality was not that great - although in fairness, I never actually got them to fit in my ear.

After that, I gave up and moved on to the Jabra Halo which has not cut out on me once.

Journeyman

wafowler4 wrote:

I have also had the same problem so I returned the first pair and experienced the same problem with the second pair. I addition to the music going in and out, they were a bit uncomfortable (it is a shame that they did not ship with different size ear pieces), and the sound quality was not that great - although in fairness, I never actually got them to fit in my ear.

After that, I gave up and moved on to the Jabra Halo which has not cut out on me once.

the halo cost about 129.99? i was thinking about getting the bose wired in ear headset for 129. are the halo loud?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well first off, they are completely different things because you will certainly have much better sound from the Bose earbuds - not so much because they are Bose, but because they are in-ear headphones. Before I got the Hero I used Sony MDR-EX55LP earbuds with my ipod touch and that style has by far the best sound quality and I'm sure you will find them to be very comfortable because they come with different size gels for your ear.

Jabra's Halo does get very loud, but the bass response is not great - especially in comparison to earbuds. Also, I have tested them everywhere and have not had many of the 'can you hear me now' problems I have experienced with other conventional bluetooth headsets.

Bottom line, if you are an audiophile and want the best sound quality go for a wired earbud headset (like the Bose ones you mentioned - although I bet you can find different brand that will sound just as good and not cost as much). If you want a set of stereo bluetooth headphones - I would certainly recommend the Halo over the Altec Lansing and Motorola products.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the A2DP Stereo Samsung SBH700 which paired and work all the music controls remotely on the Hero, but I hear the music player cutting out too even though the music player seems to still be playing the music.  So, I launched Google Listen and still heard some cut-outs as well.  I then loaded Pandora Radio, logged in with my SprintPCS account, and played through quite a few songs before I heard some cut-outs.  Another poster (cotadem) said in another thread that Pandora worked fine over stereo Bluetooth though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got good stereo sound using Pandora but mine would also cut in and out.. I'm not sure if it's related to the notifications bar (which plays sounds through the headset). For sure the music cut out when I turned the screen off/on or unlocked. I dont recall any problems with the Music Player but I haven't really tried it much.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been streaming Pandora using bluetooth to the stereo in my truck and I haven't had a problem. It sounds awesome. No fade outs just the occasional network hiccup.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Same phone, same headset.  I'll get the occasional 'click' but that's it.

I did have a problem the second day -- I'd installed a ton of apps and never restarted the phone; the poor CPU was lit up just keeping up with the apps and couldn't drive the Bluetooth headset.

Restart and fixed.

Also running Advanced Task Manager ($0.99) and it keeps the cruft down.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat