cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping Hero to a new phone number

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Swapping Hero to a new phone number

Just a tip - and this may not be the case for everyone - but when I transferred the Hero to a new line of service (thank you Lon for the demo line!) it didn't work.  It was fully activated in the back end system, but the phone continued to give me 'Error 67' messages.

Turns out the hard reset does not clear the MDN (telephone number) from the phone.

You have to call Care and have them walk you through a full reset -- ##RTN# from the keypad, and they'll give you a speical one-time code for your phone to enter the field programming mode.  From there you can scroll down and fully reset the phone, clearing the MDN and allowing it to re-activate over the network.

Just an interesting tip.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Swapping Hero to a new phone number

I had the same problem. But it took 2 days on the phone w/customer care and advanced tech support to get it resolved.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Swapping Hero to a new phone number

Sorry about that.  Just checked, and yeah that process isn't in the Care knowledgebase (yet).  I've submitted a request to get that updated.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat