cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message sort issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

Text message sort issue

My daughter has the HTC Hero.  Her text message are no longer sorted by conversation.  All of the messages show up under one person.  This is causing her to miss messages.  Also, she is unable to delete any texts.  Currently, she has over 7500 messages and opening text messages is SLOW.  Anyone had this experience or know of a solution?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

The merged text messages issue was addressed in a maintenance release in May and there's been another update since then.  Your phone should be on software version 2.27.651.6.  Follow the instructions below.

Not sure about the problem with deleting texts...I'll keep digging:)

Check the version on your phone
To find the software version on your HTC Hero™:

1. From the Home screen, press Menu
  2. Select Settings > About phone > Software information
  3. The software version will be listed in the format x.xx.xxx.x and the firmware version will be listed in the format x.x
  4. To return to the Home screen, select the Back key twice
Highlighted
Wizard

Ok, it appears that the problem with deleting the texts is due to the size of the threads. With Android 1.5, there's a limitation that may cause the device to slow or appear to be locked up when deleting a large number of messages. 

I'd recommend doing the updates I mentioned and then trying the delete.  If you still can't delete, you'll need to do a hard reset on the phone to put it back to factory settings.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the quick response!  She is trying your suggestions now.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat