Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Full Update 2.1 or Not

Journeyman

The Full Update 2.1 or Not

Hello all,

Can someone please tell me if the  2.1 update is this the the full update that Sprint has working on all this time ?

Just like to know about a few things that are not here.

3D Photos,  Just seems to be the old one again was looking forward to this one ( oh well )

Friend Stream

Voice to Text

The HTC weather & news widget

The live wallpaper

Well like i said is this the 2.1 update or not or is 1.6 or 2.0 or is this phone way to old after 6.5 months

Sprint might want to think about running with the Nexus1 as Google seem to get their update out the door in good time ( take note HTC )

Message was edited by: peteracdm

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

problem with the Nexus one is that Google gave up on it it seems, the GSM versions have issues running 3g, google even made an announcement that it's done trying to fix it.. the CDMA version was turned down by BOTH Verizon and Sprint, probably because the Incredible (VZW) and the EVO (Sprint) were better devices. so far here in the US only T-Mobile and At&T are offering the Nexus, and at least T-Mobile might be dropping it (read that someplace).

The Nexus on Sprint seems to be a dead issue (not even sure if they (Google) are going to produce the CDMA version now)

The version of 2.1 we got is a full version in as much as we got what was considered by HTC to be what the hardware would handle (yes I know ROM Modders have all the bells and whistles running, but I also understand that those roms have their own issues)

some of the missing features can be found if you search the net (without rooting, or loading a different rom), I can't remember where, but I found a 3d gallery that works nice. I haven't found a way (if there is one) to get Live wallpaper, or FriendStream. Voice to Text can be done. I have a program called better Keyboard, that has the Microphone on it, and it works (unless there's more to Voice to text than I am aware lol)

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat