ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timestamp Issue with Incoming Text Messages?

Journeyman

Timestamp Issue with Incoming Text Messages?

Okay the incoming text messages I received are marked as an hour ahead of the time zone I am in. Example. .Say if I send a message at 7:30 p.m. to a contact the message they send back will be marked as 8:30 p.m. I downloaded a new messaging app but that does not help. With the timing like that the messages people send me are bunched up at the bottom and mines are at the top. This makes it confusing and view is not threaded. Any solutions?

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Timestamp Issue with Incoming Text Messages?

I have the same issue as well, I have read on other forums, it may be that the messages being sent are being relayed through non-sprint towers, and that may be what is causing the issue.  Would be nice if they would issue a fix for it though.  I had the same issue on a HTC Diamond too.

Journeyman

Re: Timestamp Issue with Incoming Text Messages?

I have an HTC Hero and it's been doing it for almost a week now. My received texts come in with a time from one hour earlier. HTC says it's Sprint's network but Sprint doesn't acknowledge a problem. I've read up on this and apparently this has been happening on non-sprint networks, too. I went to the Sprint store and a tech texted me back and forth and every now and then the time would be thrown off. Sometimes it comes in correctly and other times it comes in incorrectly.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat