cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Screen Trouble

Highlighted
Journeyman

Touch Screen Trouble

i recently bought a refurbished htc hero phone through here (sprint.com) and when i received it, it worked fine! A few days later the "touch screen" wouldnt respond to my commands.

For example the screen lock wouldn't go down, it would only go halfway down and go back up. If i touched the screen on one side, it would appear as if i had touched somewhere else... not even close to where i had touched it. The home screen would zoom in and out on its own, without me even touching the screen. I noticed that the phone, under the glass screen, it has a plastic piece along the left side.

At first i thought that was causing the problem when my phone heated up. But i dont know a lot about phones so i might be wrong. I bought it about a month ago. Im currently using my old phone because the hero got me annoyed.

what can i do with this problem?  i have a friend who can open up the phone to take out the plastic under the screen, but i heard that if i do that.. the screen can break and i wont be able to return the phone later on. is anybody else having this "touch screen" problem? Please help!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Touch Screen Trouble

well hopefully you have TEP, or Total Equipment Protection, Sprint's insurance because it would be covered for repair at a Sprint Repair Center. It does have to be active on the account to be serviced though. I would plan a trip to S&R, you can set an appointment at sprint.com/storelocator when finding a location, make sure you filter your search for "repair" to ensure you don't visit a sales only store, and swap back to your HERO before you go. That way the phn will be active and S&R can diagnose it. But, unfortunately, there are no settings for screen calibration on the HERO.

Master

You should of returned it as soon as you noticed something was wrong with it, Within the first 30 days Sprint would of replaced it for free. If you don't have TEP sprint will still repair/replace it but it will cost $35

http://shop.sprint.com/en/services/service_repair/in_store_service.shtml

Journeyman

wow thank you so much! i didnt even know i could do that

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat