cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch screen problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Touch screen problems?

Just got the Hero in the mail a couple of days ago and I am having multiple touch interface problems. Sometimes the screen won't recognize any touch at all (unresponsive).

Sometimes the screen will only let me move to the right and not left.

Sometimes it will just pick it's own thing to highlight and spazz (highlighting and unhighlighting) with no contact at all (typing a message, trying to select a widget etc.)

Many times it won't sense the edge letters of the screen (even after multiple resets and calibrations).

Overall extremely buggy feeling touch screen in my view.

Why doesn't the phone allow you to use the bigger (side layout) qwerty keyboard when adding a contact?  Trying to input the correct letters for a contact using the small upright keyboard is a huge headache (especially when the left arrow backspace/delete key is on the edge which doesn't respond many times).   I've lost count of how many contacts I have with multiple "m's" when I was trying to delete and correct the letter.

Frankly, I'm amazed a phone like this is released with these sort of problems.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Touch screen problems?

hello hiway1999. stop what you are doing. bring up the keyboard in any app or by holding the menu key. then tap the "gears" button (second from the left, bottom row). This will bring up a menu, click "text input", then scroll to calibration tool and follow directions. This may not completely solve your problems, but I guarantee it will at least help. good luck

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had similar problems, but they don't last.  I've only had the screen become completely un-responsive and could only use the hard keys once.  I had to remove the battery since I couldn't acknowledge the power off with the touch screen...

Fubie

Highlighted
Journeyman

Haven't had any problems like that here.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have exact same problems with the edge being unresponsive to touch. I also cannot pull the notification window down and a variety of other critical touch screen issues.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat