cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off "Smart Dial" on HTC Hero

Highlighted
Journeyman

Turn off "Smart Dial" on HTC Hero

I love my HTC Hero.  However there is one issue that I am having with it.  Anytime I try to use the phone feature to manually dial a telephone number the HTC goes through a "smart dial" feature.  This feature, while I am sure it sounded like a good idea, is extremely slow and frustrating while trying to dial.  As you enter each number of a telephone number the phone is searching all of your contacts to try to find a match.  I cannot locate in the settings of the phone or in the manual instructions on how to turn off this feature.  Not sure if there is even one.  So, I am here for your help.  Is anyone else having this issue?  If so, is there a way to turn off smart dial?

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Turn off "Smart Dial" on HTC Hero

dmlefort9135 wrote:

I love my HTC Hero.  However there is one issue that I am having with it.  Anytime I try to use the phone feature to manually dial a telephone number the HTC goes through a "smart dial" feature.  This feature, while I am sure it sounded like a good idea, is extremely slow and frustrating while trying to dial.  As you enter each number of a telephone number the phone is searching all of your contacts to try to find a match.  I cannot locate in the settings of the phone or in the manual instructions on how to turn off this feature.  Not sure if there is even one.  So, I am here for your help.  Is anyone else having this issue?  If so, is there a way to turn off smart dial?

I don't think you can turn this feature off. I've looked through all  the menus and even read through the manual and I can't find anything stating the ability to turn this feature off. I'm afraid we're stuck with it. It does't really bother me.

Message was edited by: BUNK

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat