cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming MR for Hero in the works

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Upcoming MR for Hero in the works

Great idea DaWeav!!  I totally agree they should take advantage of Twitter app on our Hero.  I too don't have much time during the day to check out this forum and sift through all the threads for update/issues/fixes.

Highlighted
Wizard

I think it's a fanstatic idea too. Probably don't have the (wo)man power to have a Twitter account for each device though. What would you think of a Community one  that only tweeted about software updates and maybe a community event here and there?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sounds like an excellent idea Sarah.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i dont get why sprint was in so much of a hurry to get the phone out and relesed to the public but when it come to getting fixxes done they drag their feet saying they want to get it right before its released .....THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST MADE SURE THE PHONE WAS READY BEFORE RELEASING IT IN THE FIRST PLACE

Highlighted
Wizard

SarahKS wrote:

I think it's a fanstatic idea too. Probably don't have the (wo)man power to have a Twitter account for each device though. What would you think of a Community one  that only tweeted about software updates and maybe a community event here and there?

That would be perfect!  Plus I could keep track of updates for my wife's BB Curve as needed that way.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

All in all....the overall best way for ALL Hero users to know when there is an update is for Sprint to push a text message of notification to all Heros in service, otherwise there could be thousands who go day to day thinking they own a phone with the worst battery life on the planet concidering the vast majority of users dont use Twitter or know this forum (or any other) exists.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That would be great...after all it's not like a software update is dropped everyday.

Journeyman

Great idea Sarah!

Highlighted
Patron

+1 on the bluetooth issue.

I found a "vote for Google product ideas" page http://productideas.appspot.com/#15/e=cf&t=2cdd4&f=1c6f&v=24

I don't know if or when someone from Google checks it, but I voted. According to HTC the inability to voicedial using a Bluetooth device is an Android limitation.

Message was edited by: shelly850

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

adambomb6 wrote:

I'm not so excited about this.  I'm sold on Handcent, so I don't really care what they do to the messaging app anymore.  They should, of course, fix the bug, but I'm not going to drop handcent and go back to the HTC app now - so thanks HTC for turning me off your buggy product and onto a better one.

I do think the bluetooth issue is the biggest problem they have right now, if this is not in the fix that's a poor business decision.  How many phones have they had returned because of low on space - the unrecoverable loss of visual voicemail/text's being received?

I agree about Handcent, but there's still a big reason to have the default SMS app working properly: Some other apps use SMS resources and they're not going to use Handcent. They'll use the default app and then the problems start. I've religiously not used the default app to send messages, but GeoBeagle did and you don't have to guess what happened.

As for the question in your last paragraph, I went to my local Sprint store yesterday afternoon to try to get an adapter so I can use one of my wired headsets while I wait for the Bluetooth fix. The place was pretty busy so I had to wait in a line to ask if they had such a thing (they didn't). As I was waiting, I struck up a conversation with two other guys in line and they were both there to return their Heros and get their money back. Their complaints? Horrible battery life and the voicemail quit working. Gee, you don't suppose... And I should add that both were returning replacement Heros after the first ones did the same thing.

Neither of these guys visit online forums and they had no idea whatsoever about the problems. Oddly, the Sprint employees in the store didn't seem to have a clue either to the point that a manager all but called me a liar because "they'd know if the phone had a problem like that." The bottom line is we might know what's going on and what's being done about it, but the overwhelming majority of the new Hero owners aren't forum denizens and don't have a clue. All they know is the Hero sucks and that's what they're telling anyone who will listen.

Now let's assume that only two new Hero owners from each store have had the same experience and have or will bring their phones back for a refund. That's a lot of phones, don't you think? But I don't think all those returned phones will be the ultimate price that HTC and Sprint will have to pay for this. I think the real cost will be the result of all those people who think the Hero sucks and are telling that to anyone who will listen.

Heck, I've even heard it at work: "Is that the Hero? I heard they have a lot of problems..." And all I could say was "yeah, but they're working on them."

Now as for me personally, I do know what's going on and how to work around the bugs. I also think I'm willing to keep the phone and wait for a fix for the problems, but only because I've also been promised an upgrade to Android 2.0 and I like the phone's form factor better than any other Android device on the market right now (truth be known, that promise of v.2.0 is the only reason I stuck with Sprint and bought the Hero in the first place). But I still have about 2 weeks to stew about it before my 30 day return period is up and I tend to get frustrated when I have to wait for an indeterminate amount of time for something.

Pete

Message was edited by: PGR

Highlighted
Journeyman

Word of mouth is the most useful advertising of all....whether good or bad. These issues with the Hero have traveled like wildfire through word of mouth and it is sending potential customers running as well as those who currently have the phone but dont know there might be a forthcoming update to fix the issues. Wake Up Dan and associates.......this is yet another reason Sprint continues to loose valuable customers and lay off employees employees by the thousands. For you Sprint employees being laid off, my best wishes to you and I hope things get better for you in the coming year. The very least Sprint could have done was to extend this travesty until after the first of the year. Merry Christmas from Dan and Sprint/Nextel.

Message was edited by: troyboytn

Highlighted
Journeyman

SarahKS wrote:

Thanks Sarah!   I just had to suggest this Tweet idea since Miss Sprint Cup even has a Twitter page (http://twitter.com/Misssprintcup).  Twitter is a perfect solution for LIVE breaking events and news just like this.  I'm very excited about your response of a Sprint software/firmware updates and support Twitter feed, so I'm on board with you championing this cause at Sprint!

2_thumbs_up.jpg

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat