cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming MR for Hero in the works

Journeyman

Re: Upcoming MR for Hero in the works

what is the problem with facebook? i dont want tweeter account.

Journeyman

Me likey that idea! Thanks for the information, Sarah! I know there are some mighty frustrated out there, but we all care about this handset and want to see it realize it's full potential. Your information on this is greatly appreciated!

Journeyman

shelly850 wrote:

+1 on the bluetooth issue.

I found a "vote for Google product ideas" page http://productideas.appspot.com/#15/e=cf&t=2cdd4&f=1c6f&v=24

I don't know if or when someone from Google checks it, but I voted. According to HTC the inability to voicedial using a Bluetooth device is an Android limitation.

Message was edited by: shelly850

yep... we should vote on it

Journeyman

@post 57 by PGR

LOL great story!

The Hero is starting to feel like a cool pocket computer that sort of does phone stuff instead of a great phone that also is a computer.  Isn't that what they say about the iPhone too?  I'm hoping android in general gets their act together fast.

Journeyman

Found this on Engadget website.

Sprint prepping update for Hero, still 1.5-based

Looking forward to a warm, delicious Donut or Eclair to get beamed down to your Sprint Hero? Well, keep on waiting -- because there's an update in the works, but it's still going to rock the same Android 1.5-based core that you're already enjoying. It looks like users can expect a so-called maintenance release in "the next few weeks," and while a complete changelog isn't yet available, folks are being told that it'll fix DST and messaging issues. As far as we know, HTC hasn't put the finishing touches on Sense for 2.0 anyway, so we wouldn't get discouraged just yet.

[Thanks, Matt Z.]
Journeyman

Thank You very much  appreciate it it was quite worth the wait ! ! ! hope to hear back from you again real soon..

Highlighted
Wizard

wwitten wrote:

Found this on Engadget website.

Sprint prepping update for Hero, still 1.5-based

Looking forward to a warm, delicious Donut or Eclair to get beamed down to your Sprint Hero? Well, keep on waiting -- because there's an update in the works, but it's still going to rock the same Android 1.5-based core that you're already enjoying. It looks like users can expect a so-called maintenance release in "the next few weeks," and while a complete changelog isn't yet available, folks are being told that it'll fix DST and messaging issues. As far as we know, HTC hasn't put the finishing touches on Sense for 2.0 anyway, so we wouldn't get discouraged just yet.

[Thanks, Matt Z.]

Hilarious post.  That "reporter" got the news from this thread!  Then it shows back up in the same thread.  priceless.

Journeyman

@ Sarah

Has the issue of applications reverting to old versions upon update and reboot been talked about or addressed in this update?

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/23826?tstart=0

Journeyman

@Sarah,

I absolutely agree with the app question!  The app problem with reverting to previous versions and also messing up icons is a HUGE issue!

This needs to be addressed and to me is much more important than the ringer issue (the phone rings, right?)  It is painful to have an app that reverts back to previous versions when you have to power your phone off/on.  It makes it impossible to update apps and keep them current.  I am now afraid to turn my phone off, which I would like to be able to do every couple days because I will have to go through and review all my apps and reinstall from backup when they revert to previous versions.

Its very bad when Sprint's adverstising campaign (seen on TV all the time) talks about the thousands of apps available for this phone, but those very apps will become useless to users after a couple of weeks because of this exact problem.

Please include in maintenance update!  Thanks!

Message was edited by: Thetaman15

Message was edited by: Thetaman15

Journeyman

My phone reset this morning on its own... any way to tell if it was updated?