cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming MR for Hero in the works

Journeyman

Re: Upcoming MR for Hero in the works

my phone restarted automatically last night too.

Patron

"Its very bad when Sprint's adverstising campaign (seen on TV all the time) talks about the thousands of apps available for this phone, but those very apps will become useless to users after a couple of weeks because of this exact problem."

LOL Sprint doesn't care about false advertising. They know damn well the majority of users aren't even going to notice. Also they only posted this because Verizon announced a date for the Driod fixes.

Journeyman

My phone automatically reset about an hour ago as well. No indication of a change. Any word?

Wizard

I know it's not the detailed info that folks were looking for about OS updates, but I thought it was worth sharing.  I didn't know anything about the Droid fixes.

Journeyman

SarahKS wrote:

I know it's not the detailed info that folks were looking for about OS updates, but I thought it was worth sharing.  I didn't know anything about the Droid fixes.

[removed personal attacks aimed at mod and Sprint employees]

I recall too many times with the Instinct that same development team fixing unimportant glitches vs. major flaws and breaking just as much as they supposedly "fixed."  There was even one or two MR's released before the launch dates that you/Will were never even told about.  When you guys tried to dig for more information about plans to fix things as simple as a screen lock, they told you they couldn't comment because of the "competition" finding out...pfffft, riiight.  And apps??  Sprint cares NOTHING about apps.  They demonstrated that with a locked down BREW OS  and a developer contest that was a farce at best with no winner and thusly no apps, even after the advertising campaign touted apps were coming.  I don't know, I think in most cultures that is considered lying?  Is it that friggin hard to communicate what they are planning or doing with you and Will?  It's not your fault, but then you guys catch so much heat on our end.

I was hoping things would be different this time around, but alas it seems like we're stuck with more of the same.  If these developers would give you/Will a list of what is being fixed and will take 2 minutes out of their ever-so-important schedules to read the list of glitches we "Beta" testers have found, then they would have a base of knowledge that could be taken care of and make their phones function great on this network.  At least this phone can be rooted and we can bypass Sprint altogether, but I really don't want to do that.  I like some of the Sprint apps and nevermind that I am paying for them.  I'd just assume have them available whether I planned to use them or not.

Message was edited by: SarahKS

Journeyman

mlblack16 wrote:

SarahKS wrote:

{removed personal attack]

I recall too many times with the Instinct that same development team fixing unimportant glitches vs. major flaws and breaking just as much as they supposedly "fixed."  There was even one or two MR's released before the launch dates that you/Will were never even told about.  When you guys tried to dig for more information about plans to fix things as simple as a screen lock, they told you they couldn't comment because of the "competition" finding out...pfffft, riiight.  And apps??  Sprint cares NOTHING about apps.  They demonstrated that with a locked down BREW OS  and a developer contest that was a farce at best with no winner and thusly no apps, even after the advertising campaign touted apps were coming.  I don't know, I think in most cultures that is considered lying?  Is it that friggin hard to communicate what they are planning or doing with you and Will?  It's not your fault, but then you guys catch so much heat on our end.

I was hoping things would be different this time around, but alas it seems like we're stuck with more of the same.  If these developers would give you/Will a list of what is being fixed and will take 2 minutes out of their ever-so-important schedules to read the list of glitches we "Beta" testers have found, then they would have a base of knowledge that could be taken care of and make their phones function great on this network.  At least this phone can be rooted and we can bypass Sprint altogether, but I really don't want to do that.  I like some of the Sprint apps and nevermind that I am paying for them.  I'd just assume have them available whether I planned to use them or not.

Wow. That's a lot of blasting for someone so ignorant.

Sprint isn't developing the update. HTC is. And the Instinct? Yeah, that wasn't HTC. That was Samsung.

HTC and Samsung are two completely different companies, by the way.

So here you are, blasting the nonexistent "Sarah's development team" for issues arising from software releases by Samsung and again blasting the same nonexistent team for an upcoming software release by HTC that you don't actually know anything at all about because you assume that the release will break more than it fixes.

Sprint has never issued statements describing all of what will be fixed before the release actually comes because the developers - HTC developers, in this case - add and subtract stuff as the release matures. Sprint doesn't want to promise fixes that don't actually end up in the package. Wait for it to come and read the release notes. Not telling you exactly what the release contains 2 weeks before it comes out isn't going to make your phone spontaneously combust.

So go sit down, take a few deep breaths, and try to learn something and use your head before you insult and demean people.=

Message was edited by: SarahKS

Journeyman

+1 for this - and amen!

Sarah, please excuse mlblack16's total lack of manners, not to mention his ignorance.  Please know that he doesn't speak for the majority of us.  We really do appreciate your updates! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

jhilker wrote:

+1 for this - and amen!

Sarah, please excuse mlblack16's total lack of manners, not to mention his ignorance.  Please know that he doesn't speak for the majority of us.  We really do appreciate your updates!

Oh no, what will I do??  jhilker gave me a one star rating!!  Boofrickityhoo!!

The star ratings for posts is really pointless.  I care about as much for your rating as you do for mine.  

Wizard

SarahKS wrote:

Now for back on topic......Just got this from HTC RE: application icons reverting or going wacky on reboots.

--------

ME

--------

The Sprint HTC Hero has errors updating 3rd party applications from the Android Market. This is a Hero specific error. Description: Applications can be installed from the Market Place as usual. When the application needs to be updated, the user selects to do so and the application updates. If the phone is rebooted, the application icon disappears and in most cases the application becomes corrupted and unable to be used. An uninstall, reinstall of the application works, however, once rebooted, the phone has the exact same problem. I have communicated with each developer of the application and they have narrowed it down to a coding issue within the Hero itself. Not being able to use the applications from the Market is unacceptable.

---------

ME: again after stock, tell us more response

---------

I am updating the applications through the Android Market. When I go to my "Downloads" section, they indicate that the application has an "update available". When I click on the app and choose to update the application, the I receive the problems that I mentioned before. I also receive these same problems if I completely uninstall the application and then reinstall the application to the phone.

I have done a factory reset and redownloaded the applications....they work fine until there is an update available, then the whole cycle happens again. I am not going to factory reset my phone after every application update.

I have not disabled the SenseUI since that is reason why I bought (and still own) this phone

---------

HTC: the good part

--------

Hello Mark,

I have good news.

HTC is aware of this issue and it will be adressed in one of the future updates that are coming soon.
I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced.

Mark, Please feel free to contact us with any inquiries or concerns you may have in the future.

HTC Technical Support Team

---------

Sounds like it is in the MR that is up and coming.

Journeyman

I understand you're frustrated with the phone's issues, but the approach you've decided to take here is not going to prove effective.

Patron

Stop feeling bad because the original poster is named Sarah  Are you kidding me ?  mlblack16 is just telling it how it is. If Sprint pushed HTC or any manufacturer hard they would get us an update. Just because Sarah shows up and gives us some vague info does not make it any better. I have a feeling HTC is obligated to release x amount of updates and Sprint doesn't want to put all their eggs in one basket. Meanwhile over the last month Handcent has released 6 updates and they work for free.. Again Sprint does not care about the handful of people that noticed these bugs. Clearly HTC and Sprint have zero quality control. Anyone could have said the MR is in the 'works' we all know that. Posting our displeasure with Sprint on Sprint's 'turf' will not get us anywhere. We need to tell outside blogs, consumer agencies and anyone who will listen.

Wizard

Sorry folks, but this keeps going off-topic.  Closing it down.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat