cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming MR for Hero in the works

Wizard

Upcoming MR for Hero in the works

A maintenance release is being developed for the Hero to address key items such as SMS and DST issues. The target launch is in the next few weeks, but I do not have the exact date or a list of everything that will be included yet. I will post updates as they are made available to me.

Please note: This is not a 1.6 or 2.0 upgrade. I will post news about OS upgrades when I get it.

Tags (2)
83 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Upcoming MR for Hero in the works

There, now was that so hard to say?

That's all I wanted to know. Thanks!

Journeyman

At least I know its coming - thanks

Journeyman

Interesting...I hope BT ROM leak/usage issue is resolved too. Hopefully by end of Nov?

Journeyman

Thank you Sarah!!!

Finally there was something official.

Now the question we ask ourselves is how many weeks is a few for Sprint standards. for me is not than 4

anyways is good to hear its comming

Patron

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Journeyman

Thanks Sarah. Much appreciated. Keep us updated.

Wizard

I know it's frustrating to receive such vague answers. The reality is that until software passes all the required testing it isn't a good idea to announce a launch date. I know the folks involved have a target date they're aiming for. They just don't share it outside of the group and that means they don't tell me either.

Journeyman

SarahKS wrote:

I know it's frustrating to receive such vague answers. The reality is that until software passes all the required testing it isn't a good idea to announce a launch date. I know the folks involved have a target date they're aiming for. They just don't share it outside of the group and that means they don't tell me either.

Thank you.

BTW, a vague answer with a vague but reasonably soonish timeline is better than not knowing if anything is being addressed or that the fix is "months" away, like "sometime" Q1 2010. That could be up to 6 months away.

Again, thank you!

Journeyman

Thanks sarah. Can you clarify.... you said for the SMS fix and the DST (Daylight savings time maybe?)

Do you know if 3 way calling issues are being addressed?

Message was edited by: chompy

Patron

This thread should be sticked onto the top of the forum. I don't know if you can even do that on this forum?

And do you know if the headphone mono/stereo problem will be addressed with this update? I don't have a mic-headphone, just regular headphones, and hate having to toggle back and forth using that blue widget (which is very unresponsive at times).

Journeyman

That is great news.

Anything on the Moment? Would love to be able to have working GPS and Battery Meter.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.