cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming MR for Hero in the works

Highlighted
Wizard

Upcoming MR for Hero in the works

A maintenance release is being developed for the Hero to address key items such as SMS and DST issues. The target launch is in the next few weeks, but I do not have the exact date or a list of everything that will be included yet. I will post updates as they are made available to me.

Please note: This is not a 1.6 or 2.0 upgrade. I will post news about OS upgrades when I get it.

83 REPLIES 83
Highlighted
Journeyman

Finally, some good news. I'm hoping that we'll get the 2.0 update by December for our Christmas present.

Highlighted
Wizard

Thanks for suggestion! I marked it as Featured.

I didn't give me any other info than what I posted, but was told that they would give me more details to pass along at launch.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hope it fixes also the problems with Bluetooth and applications icons.

Highlighted
Patron

What is DST? Is it Daylight Savings Time? Only thing I could think of...

Highlighted
Journeyman

dvdqnoc wrote:

What is DST? Is it Daylight Savings Time? Only thing I could think of...

Yes, that is correct.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Sarah!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sarah:

If you are monitoring this thread, I just wanted to add a comment about the ring lag.

Perhaps you can pass the issue of the caller hearing a minimum of two rings (if not on standby) and possibly more than 3 or 4 if on standby, before the phone actually rings.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ReproOne wrote:

Sarah:

If you are monitoring this thread, I just wanted to add a comment about the ring lag.

Perhaps you can pass the issue of the caller hearing a minimum of two rings (if not on standby) and possibly more than 3 or 4 if on standby, before the phone actually rings.

Two rings on caller's end before your phone rings is standard for cell phones of all types.

The "3 or 4" appears to be because of lag on the device. I don't think there's much we or even HTC can do about it just yet.

Android 1.6 and 2.0 have made significant speed and lag improvements versus 1.5, so I think that issue will just disappear when the 2.0 comes out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know others have said the two rings is standard as well, but I have only encountered more than one ring on this HTC Hero. On my previous Samsung phones, and other brands tested at the same time at a local Sprint store, the HTC was the only one to take multiple caller rings.

In fact, I tested the Samsung Moment and it answered right after the first ring every time. I could not get it to take longer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can I trust this news?  I have been wanting to buy a hero since before it was released and I heard that Sprint was coming out with a phone that looked awesome.  I decided to wait and see what user reviews looked like and found that it had a looot of issues.  It scared me, I am still debating on whether to renew for two years.  People have been waiting for fixes since they got their phones, some for over a month.

I certainly don't know what it takes to fix these issues since I am not a tech person, but can I trust these issues will be resolved in this time frame or will December fly by with nothing happening?  Is that a possibility?  Be honest, because I can't risk that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just wanted to echo another poster about ring lag. It is really bothersome to miss calls because of it. Is that being addressed in this fix?

Thanks for the update!

Highlighted
Wizard

SarahKS wrote:

Thanks for suggestion! I marked it as Featured.

I didn't give me any other info than what I posted, but was told that they would give me more details to pass along at launch.

Thanks Sarah.

Curious as to why they won't let us see the release notes for what they are working on?  I understand the release date problem so you can't miss what you don't post.....but if they are knowledgeable of a problem and unable to resolve the issue.....they should just post that and be honest about it.  I think that it should be reasonable to release the release notes for this upcoming MR before its launch.  Then people could either be satisfied OR they could weigh in on other issues that could be tracked and noted by the development team?  There are a lot of smart people that come to these forums and smart people figuring out these issues and fixes.  It would be nice to open the dialogue a little more on this "open" device.  Seems like a good business move to leverage these assets, eh?

Thanks again for the information, even if it is vague, it should satiate many people on this forum for a couple minutes.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat