Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming MR for Hero in the works

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: Upcoming MR for Hero in the works

I keep a contract pharma manufacturing lab running for a living and I learned long ago that it's far better to tell the suits that I'll have something fixed in a day and do it in a couple hours than tell them it will be fixed in a couple hours and take a day. One way I'm a hero and the other I'm a zero and I definitely prefer the former to the latter. But it sure is a lot harder to take on the receiving end, especially when the guestimate is something as ambiguous as "in the next few weeks."

Do you hear that noise? That's all of us drumming our fingers.

Pete

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Sarah!

Its so nice to have even a little information! Looking forward to making my hero even better than it is now!

Highlighted
Journeyman

its not just the 2 ring lag... the whole phone seems like its too busy to start to ring..... sometimes i just see the screen turns on... but no vibrate... no ringtone for like 3-4 sec then it starts to ring... so top of the 2 ring lag there is another 3-4 ring lag because the phone wont start to ring immediatelly.

same thing with the text msg

the phone vibrates .. then in a few sec the text ringtone comes up then i see the notifications comes in. what the hell? the phone is laggy everywhere

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sarah, thanx for the heads up! Its much appreciated.

I am sure there are many issues that many of us are waiting to get fixed. Each will have her/his prioritized list depending on individual usage patterns.

However, I am most concerned about the ring lag issue. Because its a phone..  Whether a smartphone or a dumpphone, still a phone. When I replaced my old 'dumbphone' with Hero, I did not expect to give up a good phone for a good MID. And although I am very excited with this phone, ring lag is annoying at best, embarassing most of the times.

Also, I have never seen this issue on any other cellphone that I have ever used, regardless of manufacturer, carrier or network type.

I am sure you (Sarah) and some others have their opinion about this and that's fine but all we (who see this issue as a major let down, and there are many) want is that it atleast be put on 'to-be-worked-on' list. Can that be done, Please? Can this be passed on to folks who are working on the MRs?

thanx

_bamboos

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the update Sarah.  We are all anxiously waiting for the fixes...as you get more info, please share.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I really love that this information is posted in the Forums, Thanks Sarah.

Also, I really would like to see content like this as a 'Tweet' since Twitter is a great way to get the word out since I don't have time to checkout BAW when I'm at work, and thumbing through BAW's RSS feed in Google Reader on any mobile phone is too time consuming.

I'm sure by now that everyone with a Hero who enjoys Twitter is following HTC (http://twitter.com/htc), and maybe even GoogleVoice (http://twitter.com/googlevoice).  I'm also following Sprint (http://twitter.com/sprint), but that is just a Sprint's News Channel and nothing more.  InSideSprintNow (http://twitter.com/insidesprintnow) and SprintDevelopers (http://twitter.com/SprintDeveloper) didn't post this great information on their Twitter accounts either.

So, what Sprint needs are device specific Twitter accounts.  Sprint could use the device specific 'Blog' posts where information like this could be posted and have the BAW server setup to re-tweet the 'title' of the admin's Blog posts automatically to a Sprint Hero Twitter account which I can follow.  And using the BAW device specific Blog post would be a great way to make it simple for the Sprint admins.  Bottom line, it just would be really great to be able to follow a Sprint device specific Twitter feed to receive up to date information like this about my mobile device.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

I just called my Hero from my home phone. Again. All told, I've done that at least 6 times from both my home phone and my work phone over the last 2 days and the result has been exactly the same each and every time: My Hero will start ringing during the second ring tone I hear in the desk phone's earpiece. My phone has the stock OS, it's not rooted, I'm running the Sense UI, and I'm not running a Task Manager app to shut down programs. I do have 7 other apps installed, though.

With the exception of the known bugs, my phone is working perfectly, and that makes me wonder what those of you who are having all the problems have done to your phones. My guess is you "fixed" 'em so good that they barely work anymore.

Pete

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not so excited about this.  I'm sold on Handcent, so I don't really care what they do to the messaging app anymore.  They should, of course, fix the bug, but I'm not going to drop handcent and go back to the HTC app now - so thanks HTC for turning me off your buggy product and onto a better one.

I do think the bluetooth issue is the biggest problem they have right now, if this is not in the fix that's a poor business decision.  How many phones have they had returned because of low on space - the unrecoverable loss of visual voicemail/text's being received?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I as a software tester understand their reasoning for not releasing a date as they want to put out the best product, but as a waiting consumer THIS SUCKS.  This probably also means there are probably some big fixes coming our way.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will this MR also address the known issues w/ Exchange ActiveSync?

Thanks!

aem

Highlighted
Journeyman

PGR wrote:

I just called my Hero from my home phone. Again. All told, I've done that at least 6 times from both my home phone and my work phone over the last 2 days and the result has been exactly the same each and every time: My Hero will start ringing during the second ring tone I hear in the desk phone's earpiece. My phone has the stock OS, it's not rooted, I'm running the Sense UI, and I'm not running a Task Manager app to shut down programs. I do have 7 other apps installed, though.

With the exception of the known bugs, my phone is working perfectly, and that makes me wonder what those of you who are having all the problems have done to your phones. My guess is you "fixed" 'em so good that they barely work anymore.

Pete

I can assure you that's not the case.  I took multiple factory Hero's (3 now) and duplicated this issue with just the default image (of course also re-ran the test with updates Sprint recommends: updated PRL, etc.).  Every single Hero lagged about 2 rings.  The Instinct from the same location and originating phone lagged at most 1 time in over 20 attempts.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I reiterate what your tests reflect. The Hero, although sometimes will ring on the 2nd ring, can take much much longer and calls are being missed.

Sarah and Will are extrememly helpful on this forum, so hopefully they will pass the message to the correct team for investigation.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat