Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Installed, Now Some Questions...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update Installed, Now Some Questions...

Installed the update, looks awesome.

Two things...

1) The weather widget isn't popping up anymore.

2) My contacts show just my google contacts (what I want to be there) but when I start trying to type a contact into messages app, all my facebook friends drop down in contact box.  How can I disable this?  I don't want my fb friends to show up in my contacts.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Update Installed, Now Some Questions...

Alright...did some work all afternoon and came up with these answers to my questions.

1) Hard reset fixed the weather widget not showing up.

2) After reading other forums for other devices with 2.1 update, apparently Facebook will import ALL of your contacts into Phone, Email and Messages, not just the contacts you already have in Google.  Looks like no one has been able to find a solution to this.  So...if you want your facebook friends pictures synced with their contact in your phone, you can do that, but will import all of your fb friends (even if they dont show up in contacts they will show elesewhere)

Journeyman

The FB contact thing is a PITA. Especially when you're used to only having 80 contacts in your phone, instead of 400. I get a massive drop down when I try to send a text. I hope they get that taken care of!

Journeyman

I agree I do not want ALL my Facebook friends in my phone.  There should be an option to disable this so called feature.  I now have close to 500 contacts when I actually only have around 100.

Journeyman

Have you guys looked under >Settings> Accounts & sync to see how many facebook accounts you are syncing your phone with? This could be a wild guess but I notice that there are two types of Facebook accounts you can sync your phone to. One account setting is called "Facebook for HTC" and the other is called "Facebook". The only one I'm syncing to is the HTC one and I'm not having your problem. All my contacts have their facebook pics and DOB info, I get the same info I used t get during the 1.5 days. Their facebook contact info and my other facebook contacts are not synced to my phone. Something tells me that the other Facebook account is to sync all your Facebook contacts to your phone. Make sure to only sync to the "Facebook for HTC" account so you can have the contact picutres.

Sorry, if it doesn't work. It is just a wild guess.

Journeyman

I looked in my settings and my facebook contacts are not there I'm assumming that that is an option you can check or uncheck.  It's not even shown on mine.

Journeyman

Did some searching and may have found an answer...at least to sync fb pics to contacts.

In the marker there is an app called...syncmypics.  I downloaded it last night and it will sync contacts with their facebook pics (or other social media).  There is an option to save the pics to your sd card so ur not always pulling data, you can also choose how often you want them to sync pics with contacts.

While this option will sync with the pic, it will not sync with status updates, etc.

This is better than syncing with facebook and facebook putting all of your friends contact info into your phone, not just your current google contacts

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat