cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Hero 200 on Virgin Mobile

Journeyman

Hi all... let me tell you it was a chore JUST trying to figure out how to post on this site.

If I understand correctly from what I have read Sprint and Virgin Mobile use the same network and same towers. So why is it that I cannot just take my Hero over to Virgin Mobiles' Service.? The Hero was purchse through Srint here in the USA and does not have a sim card.

Thank you for any help.

4 REPLIES
Master

Unfortunately, we don't offer the option to flash Virgin Mobile software onto Sprint phones and visa versa.

-John

Journeyman

But I dont understand. On the Virgin Mobile Site it clearly states that

"Dont Worry, Weve got you covered"

"Virgin Mobile USA customers have access to the Sprint Nationwide Network, reaching more than 278 million people"

How could different software be required? So if you have a Virgin Mobie phone you can access and use the Sprint Network But NOT use a Sprint Phone on the SAME network under a different Carrier?

Im trying to  understand the specifics of this.

thanks for any help

Master

Re: Using Hero 200 on Virgin Mobile

Unfortunately, Virgin Mobile only allows phones with their hardware and software to be used on their network.  We do not support putting their software on Sprint phones to be used with their service.  

-John

Journeyman

Ok this is clearly going NO WHERE..

Thanks