cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon gets 2.1 THIS WEEK for Droid! Sprint, are you home?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Verizon gets 2.1 THIS WEEK for Droid! Sprint, are you home?

Read it weep. Any "Sprint Employees" around?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/08/motorola-droid-update-to-android-2-1-will-start-to-roll-out-th/?s=t5

Care to comment on why Verizon is faster? no actually how about an update on the likelyhood of an update?  "should and "will" may not be used in the same sentence

40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted
Journeyman

The Droid does not have Sense. It's plain-vanilla Android.

Sprint has made it abundantly clear that we *will* be getting 2.1 for the Hero, and we will be getting it in June at the latest.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think if the SDX crew has done an amazing job reinventing the wheel working towards a 2.x release will little help. I really think if a company or provider wants to win this race. They need to focus on the enthusiasts. With their abilities to push and fix functionality; making the underlining product better. It would be awesome and make sense to push beta's out to these talented people. I totally understand there are proprietary items.  But times are a changing if you do not make the product to the market quick. You will lose out!

Just my thoughts.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Hero may have Sense, but HTC finished that a while ago.  This is all about Sprint.  This is all about apps that a lot of people will be looking to delete as soon as they are installed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

HeroDoes wrote:

The Hero may have Sense, but HTC finished that a while ago.  This is all about Sprint.  This is all about apps that a lot of people will be looking to delete as soon as they are installed.

Oh yeah? Precisely when did HTC "finish" Sense?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Whats your reasoning behind the Moment still stuck at 1.5 it is PLAIN Android...???? The Droid dropped well after it did..Sprint is going down in flames after the announcement about WiiMax being left behind and LTE embraced it gave them a blow they will never recover from game over their gamble flopped.

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/communications/0,39044192,62060944,00.htm

Message was edited to remove personal attack by: Moderator

Highlighted
Journeyman

I do feel that Sprint is dropping the ball with this issue, not that I will be leaving or making empty threats about doing so. It does seem that this is being held up by apps that are useless to many of us that would delete them anyway if we had the choice. Can anyone tell me if Nexus One is running sense? If so then Sprint needs to "step up".

Highlighted
Journeyman

azleatherneck wrote:

Whats your reasoning behind the Moment still stuck at 1.5 smart Arse it is PLAIN Android...???? The Droid dropped well after it did..Sprint is going down in flames after the announcement about WiiMax being left behind and LTE embraced it gave them a blow they will never recover from game over their gamble flopped.

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/communications/0,39044192,62060944,00.htm

I have no idea. Maybe because Samsung is lazy?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nexus One does not run Sense UI.

Highlighted
Journeyman

scottcase wrote:

I do feel that Sprint is dropping the ball with this issue, not that I will be leaving or making empty threats about doing so. It does seem that this is being held up by apps that are useless to many of us that would delete them anyway if we had the choice. Can anyone tell me if Nexus One is running sense? If so then Sprint needs to "step up".

The Nexus One does not have Sense.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It does NOT run Sense UI or whats being called Expresso...plain droid and it is a beautiful phone perfect size. It has a few issues but minor issues that are being addresses very fast. The Nexus One "Should" be able to activate on Sprint (The CDMA version) Google has said they are not going to tie the phones to a Provider and that being said the only diff between Big Red and Sprint would them allowing the device on their network they both use the same radio same Evdo Rev A so the ONLY roadblock would be sprint themselves and I think that would be a BIG TIME mistake....the "provider apps" are not allowed by google.

Message was edited by: azleatherneck

Highlighted
Journeyman

I usually don't make comments on here, but this is an issue that, at least to me, appears overwhelmingly clear. The Hero was released in October 2009. At the time of release, the operating version was outdated. The "Sense" overlay was used as an excuse for the outdated operating system. One of the posts states that it has been made "abundantly clear" that Sprint will release an updated version sometime before June. (Are we supposed to give Sprint a pass simply because HTC has an overlay on the Android system?) Sorry, but any organization that takes eight months to release an UPDATE is seriously in trouble. I think Sprint has many positive features on its network, but I will not become a Sprint apologist when they royally screw subscribers by failing to support a critical phone sold as "state of the art." No one can convince me that Sprint is not simply putting the Hero at the bottom of its priority list so far as a software update is concerned.

Message was edited by: unplugged

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat