Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon is trying to one up Sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

Verizon is trying to one up Sprint

showimage.jpeg

Sprint you need to do this to keep customers.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Verizon is trying to one up Sprint

Nice idea, gee, wish we would have thought of that ( sarcasm )  Personally I like the new Big Red ( gum parody ) commercial they have out....pretty funny

Highlighted
Journeyman

Link is broken.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried to get an early upgrade from my Hero. I have had continuous problems with it since when it came out in October. The retention supervisor I spoke with said that Sprint specifically does not allow early upgrades. She said that they were given wide latitude to fix things, but she was unable to offer any early upgrade.

I think that it is a mistake that Sprint does not reach out and try to make amends for those of us who have had bad experiences with the Hero. It would seem that an early upgrade would cost Sprint very little (3 months of an early upgrade subsidy). In return, Sprint customers would be grateful for the opportunity to experience a better phone.

She did mention that stores and CSR's did have the option to offer a one month early upgrade to certain whiny customers. I guess my only option is to hit them up again in September.

I understand that AT&T is also offering customers an early upgrade to go to the next generation iPhone. Once again, Sprint is far behind the competition....

Highlighted
Journeyman

They one up'd Sprint by updating the Eris before Sprint updated the Hero...so this would be a two up LOL.

Highlighted
Wizard

I look at it as Verizon trying to lock as many customers as they can into a new two year contract before July 1. I wonder why. I don't think it is Apple's new iPhone for AT&T because they have never done that in the past and the new model on AT&T can't be that intimidating. This is a strange move.

Message was edited by: Dennyd

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVOholic wrote:

showimage.jpeg

Sprint you need to do this to keep customers.

Would be a nice gesture to us Hero sufferers waiting for a stripped down 2.1...

But to be honest, I can update again in Oct. so it isn't that big of a deal to me. And I may wait just to see how Sprint and or HTC support the EVO before I give either one another nickel.

Message was edited by: jturnbowtoo

Highlighted
Journeyman

Verizon has 2upd Sprint, and I think if we Hero owners think about it, it is the same 2up that SPrint has given us.  Double rods back at you Sprint.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat