cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went from Fresh ROM 1.1 (1.5 android) to Damageless 2.1 ROM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Went from Fresh ROM 1.1 (1.5 android) to Damageless 2.1 ROM

Just wanted to share with you guys that I went from Fresh's 1.1 (tweaked 1.5 Android) to a new 2.1 ROM out there on XDA called Damageless 2.1 about 2 days ago.

Almost everything is working, except for Sprint Visual Voicemail.  Those of you who are risk takers might want to try it.  But don't blame me for anything.  Screenshots here

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Went from Fresh ROM 1.1 (1.5 android) to Damageless 2.1 ROM

Did the same myself, have to say it's working remarkably well.

Journeyman

Same here. I still get the small issue of my Google accounts erroring and needing to be resigned in to, but that's not a big deal and is almost like extra security. Also, Google Earth won't work, but again, not a big deal, since it takes up 20 MB and I think it doesn't work because of lack of OpenGL. Anyway, I'm going to use it until the official release comes.

Journeyman

Yeah, unfortunately our phones don't have dedicated GPUs or the CPU speed to share any heavy 3d rendering duties.

Journeyman

If I flash to the updated ROM, after creating a backup of my current ROM, something goes wrong with the hardware, but I am able to re-flash my previous stock Sprint ROM, would it still be under warranty, or no?

TIA.

Journeyman

riggsAndroid wrote:

If I flash to the updated ROM, after creating a backup of my current ROM, something goes wrong with the hardware, but I am able to re-flash my previous stock Sprint ROM, would it still be under warranty, or no?

TIA.

Simply rooting the phone technically breaks the warranty.

However, the reality is very different. It's almost impossible to completely brick a Hero using the flashing and recovery tools that we have. So, if you need warranty service, the best thing to do is just run the stock RUU program to completely reset everything about the phone 100% back to stock before you bring or send it in. There's no way to know it was rooted as far as I know.

Even if you do manage to completely brick it somehow, chances are they won't care. I've heard lots of stories of people sending back rooted phones with custom ROMs for replacement successfully, but I've never heard a story of someone whose warranty got rejected because of it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat