cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is NAM?

Journeyman

What is NAM?

Under Settings > Wireless Controls > Mobile Network Settings there is an option "Switch NAM".

Once in this option there are three more:

NAM 1 (selected)

NAM 2

Auto-NAM

What does this do and what happens if NAM 2 or Auto-NAM are selected?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: What is NAM?

Number Assignment Module.

A part of the phone that stores a wireless device's phone number, lock code, timer reset code and other user information. The NAM is programmed by the service provider when a device is activated. The NAM also associates the Mobile Identification Number (MIN) with the Electronic Serial Number (ESN).

Some wireless phones have dual or multi-NAM features which allows the user to have more than one phone number. (Two "lines" on one phone.)

Journeyman

Number Assignment Module (NAM): The NAM is the electronic memory bank in the wireless phone that stores its specific telephone number and electronic serial number.

Journeyman

The default is Nam1.  Is there any advantage switching to Auto-Nam.  Thanks.

Wizard

If you only have one number assigned to your phone then there is no advantage. Leave the default as NAM1.

Journeyman

Up front, I have my MSL available.

How do I program NAM2, say from another pre-paid carrier... I tried #data## and #[my MSL]## and I just don't see those options. I've done this before on a different phone. Anyone?

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.