Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is date that Sprint will announce the date that the Hero 2.1 release will occur?

Patron

What is date that Sprint will announce the date that the Hero 2.1 release will occur?

This is getting ridiculous - we have to ask the date that Sprint might announce the date that the update might be made available to its customers. Hopefully the announcement will be made before the update release, not after as with the Moment...LOL

8 REPLIES 8
Patron

January 22, 2019

Journeyman

According to their Twitter feed this afternoon, Hero users are "up next" for the 2.1 update after it was released today for the Samsung Moment.

Journeyman

noles1a wrote:

According to their Twitter feed this afternoon, Hero users are "up next" for the 2.1 update after it was released today for the Samsung Moment.

Unfortunately, "up next" isn't a very useful time frame reference within the gregorian calendar system.

Wizard

who would be up next in Sprint's system?  The Samsung Instinct?  The Palm Pre?  Duh, only one phone remaining to get an Android 2.1 update!  What a revelation!!!!!!!

Patron

Actually, I don't think "up next" is useful on any calendar system....oh well...that's Sprint for you with their new fangled "soon" calendar.....oops was that another customer changing their service provider ?.....

Journeyman

5/21.  Can anyone here wait a week for this update to change their lives?  He he.

Journeyman

They just twattered that it would be out on the 12th of Never.

Journeyman

noles1a wrote:

Unfortunately, the twitter feed says nothing about this afternoon.  It does say HERO users are up next.  It does not say, however "up next hour", "up next week", "up next month", "up next person's *&%".  it's pretty much open to interpretation.

I'll just be happy to get it.  I've been one of the lucky ones so far and all my stuff works properly.  I am looking forward to some of the enhancements that are supposed to be in it.  if they stripped out any of the stuff that I was looking forward to...  well there's a simple fix for that.  I'll just root it and put a custom ROM on that has everything.

As for the live wallpaper not being included, it was never intended to be included on the HERO/ERIS due to processor and memory limitations.  I have, however, personally ran live wallpaper on a HERO with a custom ROM and it worked just beautifully.  Some would not run at all but those that did worked well enough and caused minimal lag.  Some actually ran without causing any noticeable lag and that was without overclocking at all.

So either way, I'll get what I want.  I'd just rather get it officially. 

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat