cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't the Youtube app on my hero work?

Journeyman

Why doesn't the Youtube app on my hero work?

Ever since I got my hero 98% of the videos on youtube say "sorry this video cannot be played."  Why is that???????

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Why doesn't the Youtube app on my hero work?

This isn't just a Hero issue (also on other HTC phones). If you turn WiFi on, it will play the videos or just go to Youtube's site, you can play the videos as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey I can confirm that the 2.1 update will infact fix that issue. I am rooted and using the damageless 2.1 rom insted of the new leaked from until damageless works his magic on this new leak. I have speech to text and all the google andriod goodies. not the waterdown sprint one. hope they add what its suppose to have in 2.1 instead of the one we seen that looks more to be official . but yeah 2.1 all things that are not working are now working at least for me.

Highlighted
Wizard

Download the new 2.1 upgrade ROM (links in this thread).  It is a release candidate with signed keys, not a root job.  This will fix the youtube issue.  works flawlessly.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat