cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it that...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why is it that...

My HTC Hero comes with these great apps, such as Youtube, and yet I cannot view any videos?  I got this phone because I keep seeing the commercials on TV, and was really excited about all the things it promised to do, and it seemed like a really terrific phone, and yet it won't do any of the "terrific" things I bought it for?  I can't even get picture mails from my daughter, who also has Sprint, and the exact same phone?  Why put it out on the market when it is not a "finished product"?  (Yes, I have read all about the "updates" coming).  Wondering if I made a big mistake... my 30 days is not up yet....

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

The picture mail and the youtube app are both a known issue. Is what i would do if you still had the days left on your 30 is wait till the end of next week, hopefully the 2.1 will be out by then. If it is, that should fix the problem. If it is not out or that does not fix the problem...Samsung moment here i come. I also have the hero and am enduring for the 2.1 update hopefully to fix those same two problems.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you rocket_man36 for replying to my post.  This is so frustrating!  I love this phone, but just get frustrated when I try to do something on it that it is "supposed" to do, and it fails.  I too will endure for the update.  Hope it comes soon!  (I have 2 weeks left until my 30 days are up).  I will try to be patient....

Highlighted
Journeyman

one thing you can do for the time being for youtube, bookmark youtube.com and run youtube through your browser. It is really not that much slower than using the app and it actually works. Hope that help you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If the issues don't clear up, take it back and get an Evo. Much better phone with all the things you love on your Hero. The browser thing is good for youtube. I never watch youtube on my phone, but I believe it hasn't given me issues in the last couple of months since I started using 2.1. That will fix most of your issues, and it should be out within a week. As for the picture messages, you could try a factory reset, but you will lose all the data on your phone's internal memory. I don't do much picture mail, so I've never had a problem, but I've heard a lot of users say they have. Endure for the update, test it out. If you don't like it, take it back and get an Evo.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat