cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my phone doing this?

Journeyman

Why is my phone doing this?

I'm new to the hero and I have had some things happen that I don't expect to be normal but may very well be normal. I can not connect my bluetooth to my phone. It says that nothing is found even though it is right next to the device. I have also experienced "PROBLEMS" that are not easy to deal with. for instance if I try to take out my memory card to print out pics etc. it will completely make my phone glitch (apps wont work, people get deleted, songs and ringtones are gone, and it freezes) I then have to reset the phone and loose EVERYTHING! Also out of nowhere my phone will ask if I want htc sense or home. I have accidentally hit the home button and the phone lost everything. Not even a settings menu to try to bring up the htc sense. I'm so confused. I had problems with the first one I had and had to return it a week later due to similar problems. I am still with in my 30 days and I am wondering if I should return it. PLEASE HELP

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Why is my phone doing this?

tiffany.kralicek wrote:

I'm new to the hero and I have had some things happen that I don't expect to be normal but may very well be normal. I can not connect my bluetooth to my phone. It says that nothing is found even though it is right next to the device. I have also experienced "PROBLEMS" that are not easy to deal with. for instance if I try to take out my memory card to print out pics etc. it will completely make my phone glitch (apps wont work, people get deleted, songs and ringtones are gone, and it freezes) I then have to reset the phone and loose EVERYTHING! Also out of nowhere my phone will ask if I want htc sense or home. I have accidentally hit the home button and the phone lost everything. Not even a settings menu to try to bring up the htc sense. I'm so confused. I had problems with the first one I had and had to return it a week later due to similar problems. I am still with in my 30 days and I am wondering if I should return it. PLEASE HELP

I have a few questions.  What type of bluetooth device do you have? And what steps do you take to sync to your phone?  Now as far as your Memory card, do you unmount the card before you pull it out?  MENU>SETTING>SD CARD & PHONE STORAGE>UNMOUNT SD CARD.

Journeyman

Re: Why is my phone doing this?

If you're using Gmail, your email and phone contacts should be automatically re-established even after a hard reset of your phone. Music lives on your SD card, so if you remove it, they go with it. Not sure why it would panic if it's removed. You could get a second card to put in while you use the first to make your prints, or you could use the usb cord and sync with doubletwist or the like with your PC without removing the card to prevent your phone form getting flakey. The bluetooth problem is most likely because of Android 1.5, though I've not heard of it refusing to pair only reconnect after pairing in most cases. The Sense or Home popup sounds like it's asking which home you want to go to, similar to using an alternative home like Pandahome. Odd that it would ask that with the default HTC cooked-in Sense home screen. Could be a defect.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat