cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will 2.1 be a good move for the hero?

Patron

Will 2.1 be a good move for the hero?

ok i'm a hero owner and i love my phone and i love the android platform. But i'm sitting here playing with my phone and its laggy and the has some bugs but i also know that 2.1 is "suppose" to fix the issues and also bring forth new features. But can we actually be truthful for a moment, the phone dosent have a strong cpu and with the one it has now, the phone has good days and it has bad ones but with the addition of 2.1 and what all it has to offer do you really think our hero phones can really handle it like its suppose to? or do you think with the addition of 2.1 will make matters worse? i think it may make matters worse for the phone because of what im seeing now with the bugs throughout the phone. sometimes its best to leave well enough alone. im not on here bashing the hero or 2.1 but thats my honest opinion. i mean it could explain why its taking so long to get 2.1 on both the overseas version and the hero here in the us. if your dying to have 2.1 i would recommend getting a phone that already has it cause they are stronger phones.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Will 2.1 be a good move for the hero?

They say it really speads thing up with the 2.1 I guess we,ll have to wait and see

Journeyman

First remeber that 1.5 was not designed to support CDMA, just GMS so this will bring improvements, if these speed up the phone, in theory they should but we will see.

Next I have rooted and I am running one of the 2.1 Roms based of a Sprint test build and I have seen drastic improvements across the board with this phone. My battery life has doubled - I can now go 17, 18 hours between charges and I am a heavy Data user! Lag is almost gone - just a little bit in the keyboard with vibrate turned on, but turning it off gets rid of this. I can now use the stock messaging app and I have no more lost text. Plus the additional features with 2.1 are great.

I loved my phone before now it is awesome - but I have to give props to the people over on the XDA site as they are the ones that make this possible.

Bottom line is hang in there I think you will be happy

Journeyman

Well, one of the many "reasons" that the 2.1 upgrade was delayed was due to the integration with "Sense UI".  Verizon's HTC Incredible was released today (which HAS Sense UI) and it has 2.1 on it.  Wonderful.  Now, what's the deal with Hero owners getting left out again? Who knows.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat