cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube: Cannot Play Video

Wizard

Re: YouTube: Cannot Play Video

Will England, SarahKS

Funny that Sprint just tweeted about watching Santa through the Santa Live application as the app of the week.

Too bad that when you boot this up, it goes to youtube app and then "sorry, the video cannot be played". This has to be happening on Will's Hero too?!

Superduper

Highlighted
Journeyman

Very strange for me. When I search youtube in portrait view, NO video will play when turning it to landscape. On the flip...when searching vids in landscape view most will actually play but it is very rare to get one to play in high quality. Someone please explain this. Sounds crazy but it is indeed what is happening for me.

Sprint Product Ambassador

mmark27 wrote:

Will England, SarahKS

Funny that Sprint just tweeted about watching Santa through the Santa Live application as the app of the week.

Too bad that when you boot this up, it goes to youtube app and then "sorry, the video cannot be played". This has to be happening on Will's Hero too?!

Superduper

Checking . . .

WiFi --  works.

EVDO -- (ratty signal - at the house now) - pixelated but works.

It did give me the Sorry message when I turned off WiFi and went back to the app.  I think it was seeking the high bandwidth version when I was on the low bitrate connection.

I do know this issue has full visibility in Sprint - it's on the exec dashboard now and is getting the attention needed.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

wengla02 wrote:

I do know this issue has full visibility in Sprint - it's on the exec dashboard now and is getting the attention needed.

Thanks for letting us know.

Journeyman

troyboytn wrote:

Very strange for me. When I search youtube in portrait view, NO video will play when turning it to landscape. On the flip...when searching vids in landscape view most will actually play but it is very rare to get one to play in high quality. Someone please explain this. Sounds crazy but it is indeed what is happening for me.

I found this to be true also! Works just fine when I start in landscape (on WiFi) but nothing will play when I start in portrait mode. Thanks for posting this, seems to be a slick work-around to this troublesome issue. Still get the error either way when trying to watch videos from the YouTube app on 3G.

Message was edited by: debh945

Journeyman

This is just one more problem with this phone right now

1. YouTube will not play.

2. The Google Search Bar.

But i do like phone,well the android os

Then you have that thing with the, 1.1, 1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 2.1 os

So one might say Sprint should of given it more time before they put out a android phone,also with verzion and the droid

running on the 2.0 or 2.1 coming out just weeks after the hero. Did Sprint talk Google about what OS are out there!

Like i said i like hero but just feel like i have brought a second hand car.....

Journeyman

Just went to watch the Redskins Trick Play from the other night and it wouldnt work. I tried several

with no luck. Came here to find others having the issue, so Im kinda happy Im not the only one. FWIW,

I cranked up my WiFi and the video played fine.

EDIT: Ok, so it must have been fluke. I tried another on WiFi and it didnt work. Turned off Wi-Fi and

tried again, no dice. Just kept retrying and finally worked on the sixth attempt on EV. I tried in portrait

and landscape. Seems to be a hit and miss issue.

This really irritates me, up until now people figured out a workaround for all the pressing issues, this doesnt

seem to have a workaround other than "keep trying."

Message was edited by: Lappie2010

Journeyman

Yea I have this problem too and it totally bums me out hopwfull there will be a fix soon, for now i just keep trying.

Journeyman

same problem here as well.  everything worked fine up until a few days ago.  Worked well after update until it did'nt. My phone is stock, no new aps added between youtube working and now not working.  Waiting for an answer like everyone else......Mike

P.S. I can however use youtube through the browser,  not anywhere near as fast to use, but all I have available now!

Message was edited by: QUAZMANN

Journeyman

While I was trying to figure out how to play a stupid video with the youtube app, my brother downloaded the same video and played it with his iphone. That was really humiliating!

I guess I won't be bragging about how great my Hero is at any more holiday family gatherings.

Journeyman

Well, when it does play them, it plays them well... you could tell your family that. It took me 2 trys I but got the Lego Star Wars to play for my 6 yr old... seems so ramdom this YouTube thing. It's bugging me more than it ever did before. Heck I never really cared about YouTube till' I didn't have it, LOL!! At first I wasn't worried about it but then my husband pointed something to me that got me thinking. He said, "let's say you take your car into the shop to fix "X" and when you get it back "X" is fixed but the radio doesn't work. You take it back it to the shop, complain and the guy says it's a just a car, it runs right?" Isn't that kinda the same thing that happened here? You buy a phone , you're told it does YouTube, you download update, no YouTube... but are in so many words or lack of response of response (fix) from Sprint are told "the phone is just a phone and that part works right?" Just my 2 cents... for now.... Here's to the new year and maybe a new update!!

Journeyman

This is such a PIA. Crazy how I can be so upset about this. Ive lived through so many issues with this phone,

this is the last straw. Iphone it is.

As I said above, I use Youtube for training vids. Yes, I can use the m.youtube.com and get them, but WTF, Sprint cant get this figured out in over a week.. I have a feeling this phone will never be truely fixed.

Really dissapointed.

Good luck with this pice of shat ya'll. I feel bad selling this to someone on Ebay!

Message was edited by: Lappie2010

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat