cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube: Cannot Play Video

Journeyman

Re: YouTube: Cannot Play Video

thanx izzyks for letting us know that these is a known issue, iam preattie sure you got a htc hero also, but anywayz,thank you again

Journeyman

Loaded a 2.1ROM on my phone and the YouTube works great. Therefore, it must

be something to do with the 1.5, Youtube for 1.5 or something like that.

When 2.1 comes out, it will work.

Journeyman

That's good to know (crosses fingers)

Journeyman

How did you go about loading 2.1ROM on your phone?  Is this something I can try on my phone and if so, can you give instructions on how?  Thanks.  Yes, I'm another one who has the htc hero, who's youtube does not work.  Never did from the day I bought the darn thing.  Terrible that so many people have the same issue and nothing has been done about it thus far.  Seems to me, we should all receive some sort of a rebate or someting similiar for our troubles and Sprint's error.  They fault us for our errors, why not throw something our way for something we've paid for and never could use????? Funny how the consumer is never right anymore, huh?  Yeah, I'm pissed, as I'm sure many others are as well. 

Journeyman

Hi,

it has been a long time since somebody posted something in this thread. I suppose the 2.1 update fixed the youtube problems then?!

I am in the Netherlands, in Europe, and the 2.1 update has not reached us yet, but it appears that it is coming.

In preparation for the update, we got an update (for 1.5) that includes an OTA update fix (so it is to prepare for the 2.1 update), but the upgrade also contained: A fix for youtube!!

So I am still on 1.5 here, but youtube is now working correctly! The fix consists of defaulting back to low quality for videos (when not on Wifi), and then they all (all 5 I tried) work over a telecom network connectio. Switching to high quality worked for 4 out of the 5, so maybe they improved something there too, not sure.

Just thought some of you might get a kick out of hearing that HTC has listened to and responded to this complaint!

--Sander.

Journeyman

sanderbos wrote:

Hi,

it has been a long time since somebody posted something in this thread. I suppose the 2.1 update fixed the youtube problems then?!

I am in the Netherlands, in Europe, and the 2.1 update has not reached us yet, but it appears that it is coming.

In preparation for the update, we got an update (for 1.5) that includes an OTA update fix (so it is to prepare for the 2.1 update), but the upgrade also contained: A fix for youtube!!

So I am still on 1.5 here, but youtube is now working correctly! The fix consists of defaulting back to low quality for videos (when not on Wifi), and then they all (all 5 I tried) work over a telecom network connectio. Switching to high quality worked for 4 out of the 5, so maybe they improved something there too, not sure.

Just thought some of you might get a kick out of hearing that HTC has listened to and responded to this complaint!

--Sander.

I'm glad they finally fixed this...it's only been 6 months.

And yes, it has been fixed in our 2.1 update. Lots of other things don't work right for me now, but youtube works great...

If HTC keeps listening to us like this we'll have a fully working Hero sometime next year...if they spoil us.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat