cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube: Cannot Play Video

Journeyman

Re: YouTube: Cannot Play Video

I have this problem also.  I then keep trying to play it, and after about 3-4 tries, then it will just work for some reason.

Journeyman

I got an Iphone this morning. You Tube works perfectly everytime. Just FYI.

Sprint, you need to get your act together. There are nothing but issues with this phone and your response

has been non-existant. I was really looking forward to doing business with Sprint due to a great pricing scheme.

I have since become more aware of the phrase, you get what you pay for.

Journeyman

I have decided not to give up on this phone! Other then the youtube thing its really great! I saved my money and waited till I could get it and Im not giving up! Never! So if any one hears of a fix post it soon.

Journeyman

I have no explanation (I was one of the first to post on this thread) but now my YouTube app works 95% of the time as intended.

Every once and awhile I will get the Sorry message, but for about a week if a video will play once, it will play again and again.  WiFi or EvDo, side ways back ways and frontways.

Thank you for fixing it! 

Journeyman

Lucky you!  Can you get videos to play in high quality as well?

Journeyman

I did... I played "Owl City Fireflies" - first one under most viewed in High Quality and it played perfectly... it's still random though. I will say for me it's about 85 - 90 % play rate on first time. All will play eventually if I persist and try more than once.

Message was edited by: denisew1972

Journeyman

yeah, hmm...  "Sorry, this video cannot be played"

still.

at this point it should read:

"you are not worthy of watching youtube in even low quality. goodbye."

I hope this gets resolved soon, kinda rediculous.

Journeyman

Just an FYI with my YouTube player. As of this evening it's not only playing the videos but it's automaticaly playing them in high quality format. The picture looks great!! I played something called "let's talk about sext" and "prostitute prank call" (at random, I swear !!) and both played in high quality without me having to change it. Hang on a sec... ok, just played a "Call of Duty Modern Warfare" video review thing of some guy playing a match, and it played. Ok, now random search for Adam Lambert.... all videos played, first time.... in high quality. Is this fixed for everyone?? Or is it just my imagination?? I'm a happy camper Too bad for those who 'jumped ship' too soon and had little faith in a fix coming... have fun with that AT&T bill next month. One thing I did this morning and I'm not sure if this has anything to with it or not but I did a clean sweep of all my frequently used apps. I read in another part of the forum that you should clear all your cookies and cache data daily or weekly and I hadn't done it yet. This morning I did this to all my apps. Could that have "fixed" YouTube??

*** UPDATE *** Sorry --->  Apparently, you have to use your WiFi to get it to work like that.... I turned off the WiFi just to test it out and same ole' crap of "can't play" happened.... I still have faith that a full fix is on the way and hey, at least I can view on my WiFi.... <forever the optimist>

Message was edited by: denisew1972

Journeyman

I hope this gets sorted out soon for everyone else.  Me?  I'm cancelling my whole contract tomorrow (day 30).  I'm sick of this phone (on my 3rd) and associated problems.  I'd stick with Sprint if they had a phone I was interested in, but...not so much.  I'll go back to AT&T and an iPhone.  Sometimes, you get what you pay for.

Journeyman

This is my 2nd time about this s--- cannot play video Sprint needs this fixed, who needs a

google phone that can not play you tube video. This phone is going down hill fast, with Sprint with it.

Come on Sprint Thank you.

Journeyman

Just wanted to add my experience with this issue. YouTube worked fine on the Hero from day one, up until a couple of weeks ago that is. I get the same "Sorry, this video cannot be played" message. For those of you that haven't tried a hard reset, I have. Twice. Did a hard reset, and tried YouTube again before I downloaded any apps or anything, and it still wouldn't work. I've tried clearing the YouTube cache files, still nothing.

If I keep clicking the video, eventually it will play. Once I get it to play I try to change it to HD, but you can pretty much forget that. I get the same error message as above and have to start the whole process over again.

I hope Sprint/HTC gets on this soon.. it is really annoying and makes me want to toss my phone against a brick wall.

Journeyman

Well I'm certainly not going to cancel my contract and return my phone to get an Iphone, purely over youtube issues.  I knew going into this that there would most likely be issues, considering it's a 1st gen android device on sprint.  While the youtube problem is highly annoying and I wish for a fix now, I know that's highly unlikely and I can only hope it'll be included in our 2.1 update next year.

I just got my first "true" bill with this phone in the e-mail.  $62.00.  You can't beat that for unlimited calling, texting, interwebs, and the overall good experience I've had with my phone.  Thats 12 dollars less than my dumbphone bill of 1000 minutes and unlimited nights and weekends.  Granted I'm getting a discounted rate, but still.

Anyway, let's just hope that it'll now be an included fix with our 2.1 update.  At least they now know about the issue.

-b

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat