cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android 2.1 update

Go to solution
Highlighted

android 2.1 update

switched to sprint from tmobile because of no android 2.1 update, anyone know when its coming or did i switch for nothing?

89 REPLIES 89
Highlighted
Journeyman

Read this for more info:

http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-be-using-a-task-killer-with-android/

This site is by a very respected developer for Android, Hero specifically. The issue with task killers isn't petty, nor is it a cover up for sprint. The issue is very real and documented. If you read through that article, you should understand why. Android isn't windows. Even if it was, do you use the task manager to kill every process you aren't using in Windows? Hope not, or you will have a mess. Android will manage memory by itself. If you root, you can tweak the settings so that Android will get rid of hibernating processes sooner. But even that needs to be handled with care. Basically, just let Android do its job. If you really want better speed and performance, root and flash an optimized rom. There are almost a hundred to choose from.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What is Footprints ?  (From HTC)  and how does it work?

is it a location finder ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Footprints allows you to geotag photos and create location based notes. Try it out. Its useful, if you like to travel.

Highlighted
Journeyman

is it a location finder?  

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not exactly. It will find your location if you want and add your location to pictures you take with it. I removed it a long time ago and never really used it. Its interesting, but like I said, its main use is for major vacations where you want to record major events with pictures and notes that are geo-tagged.

Journeyman

Thank you

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat