cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cracked case around usb

Journeyman

cracked case around usb

I have protective case around my phone. Yesterday I noticed a crack around my USB plug. I did not drop my phone. It is in perfect shape other than this. How many people have experienced this issue? Is this a flaw with this phone?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: cracked case around usb

I too, have experienced this. It is a manufacturing flaw....cheap Chinese plastics. I just put a drop of superglue on the tip of a toothpic, applied to the raised edge, pushed the edge back down and held it for a while. After 3 months, it is still holding and is barely noticable. I no this is not acceptable for this to happen, but what can you do? You can try to get the phone replaced but it is bound to happen again and risk getting an even bigger lemon next time around.

Journeyman

Sprint said they would order a part and replace the broken section. It will take a week to get the part.

Journeyman

My phone too has a small crack in the plastic by the USB plug, I went to a sprint store and they basically told me I could use my replacement plan and pay $50 or I could live with it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I experienced the same thing, went to the Sprint Store and all they said was to either buy a new one or live with it

Journeyman

Make that 5. One of the first issues I noticed with my Hero was the crack running diag from the USB input toward the back of the phone. Figured Sprint would say throw down the $50 for a replacement but for something that you can't even notice anyway it's not worth it. So long as this cheap plastic cracking isn't the tip of the iceberg, anyway...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat