cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data backup app: which is best?

Highlighted
Journeyman

data backup app: which is best?

Wondering how best to backup data to the desktop.

After the recent loss of Sidekick data by T-Mobile I am weary of relying on "the cloud."

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: data backup app: which is best?

No one?

Any feedback on MyBackup Pro?

Journeyman

SugarSync.

Journeyman

ronnienyc wrote:

No one?

Any feedback on MyBackup Pro?

I've been using MyBackup Pro ever since I got the phone back in October.  It is fast and backs up more things than the others I have tried. Keep in mind that none of the backup programs will allow you to backup "purchased" apps. To do so would allow you to give those apps away.

Having said this, MyBackup Pro will backup all free apps, contacts, call log, bookmarks, SMS, MMS, system settings, Android Home, Alarms, Dictionary, and Music Playlists. It also backs up data from numerous other apps if you have them installed (like OI Notepad).

It's a great app and is updated with improvements frequently.

Journeyman

I purchased MyBackup Pro when I had my first phone, and when I got dust under the screen I returned it and got a new one. I was able to restore my system settings, dictionary, bookmarks and contacts with ease.I like that you can choose to backup to SD or online, if you have a spare SD card you use it for backups or just backup online. Well worth the $4.99 IMO.

Journeyman

Thanks for the info fellas.

Journeyman

i bought/used mybackup-pro...  it was insufficient for my needs (didnt restore wallpaper, widgets onscreen, etc) however it did restore some stuff (particularly my list of free apps) so it was ok...  the absolute killer-backup-app is nandroid...  it requires you tove rooted your phone tho...  it (nandroid) will allow you to backup every little thing tho - and that is awesome...  otoh, it does not (i dont think - i havent looked) have the ability to pick-and-choose all the details that you want to restore - it is more like and all-or-nothing kinda backup...  gl, h.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat