Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

had an idea today

Highlighted
Journeyman

had an idea today

today i was hanging out with a friend who also had a hero

and we were comparing the apps we had found etc

before long, i had a whole slew of "completed installations" icons in the notification bar

it puzzled me seeing all of those icons up there - "why" do we need an icon for every installation? why not have one icon and replace the checkmark (which indicates a completed install) with a number?

don't know if this is an HTC thing - a Sprint thing - or a Google thing

but it could be an improvement

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: had an idea today

maybe I miss understand what you are saying, but I always just clear them out when they are done anyway, but don't they label each one that has been downloaded, I mean I guess this is personal preference, but if I go through the market on a download spree, and say download 4 apps, I may download first then go back and check them out, I think it is easier for them to all be seperate so I can tap on one and launch it then go back and check out another, an also see that they did in fact download...

Wizard

I think he means the little icons in the status bar before you pull down the window shade. It is weird that it puts so many icons in that limited space.  I do like having them separate on the window shade for the same reasons as poster above.

Journeyman

ok yeah that makes a lot more sense, and I do completely agree with that, like texts show a number of how many there are...

Journeyman

I've never downloaded enough at one time for this to be a concern, but I like the icon number idea.  Makes good sense.

Journeyman

Eventually, when you get enough notifications of any kind, they should pool into a single icon on the far left and newer notifications will continue appearing to the right of that icon.

Message was edited by: knaveofspades

Journeyman

yep.. i got that indication also

i had that icon *and* all the individual "download complete" icons

it just looked "cluttered" and...... "un professional"

not that the current method doesn't work - or its "bad" --- i just thought a BETTER way to represent multiple downloads is by replacing the checkmark with a number

thats all

Journeyman

knaveofspades wrote:

Eventually, when you get enough notifications of any kind, they should pool into a single icon on the far left and newer notifications will continue appearing to the right of that icon.

Message was edited by: knaveofspades

That is what they do. Go install six programs and you'll get a few installation notifications, but they then begin to pool together into an icon with a number attached showing how many more there are.

I like it the way it is with individual notifications.

Journeyman

And if they did it another way, what would they do with all the little separate pools of notifications?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat