cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with ringtones

Journeyman

help with ringtones

Just got my Hero this last weekend and am loving it.. Problem is trying to figure out how to use ringtones for callers... I have set up a different ringtone for several of my friends, but when they call, it uses the default ringtone, not the one that is shown when I edit the contact. What am I doing wrong here?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: help with ringtones

Here's a quick tutorial that walks you through the experience. Hope it helps!

http://support.sprint.com/support/pages/tutorialArticleDetails.jsp?articleId=3814#__highlight&id16=hero+ringtone+assign

Journeyman

Phone Ring Tone

Select a default ring tone for incoming calls.
Selecting the default ring tone

Your device provides a variety of ring tones that you can set as the default ring tone of your device.
1. Press > and tap Settings > Sound & display > Phone ringtone.
2. Tap the ring tone you want to use, and then tap OK. The ring tone briefly plays when selected.

You can use *.wav, *.mid, *.mp3, *.wma, or other types of sound files that you downloaded from the Internet or copied from your computer as ring tones.

Notification Sound
Select a default sound for notifications.
Selecting the default notification sound
Your device provides a variety of sounds that you can set as the default sound for notifications.
1. Press > and tap Settings > Sound & display > Notification sound.
2. Tap the sound you want to use, and then tap OK. The sound plays when selected.

Adjusting the Device’s Volume Settings
Adjust your device’s volume settings to suit your needs and your environment.
1. Press > and tap Settings > Sound & display.
2. Tap Ringer volume or Media volume.
3. Drag the volume slider on the screen to adjust the volume and then tap OK

Journeyman

Apparently 2.1 has changed the edit screen. There is nothing on my edit screen for setting ringtone. I have the ringtone on the contact screen. I have the ringtone set there, but when the person calls, it uses the default ringtone instead of the one I have on the contact screen.

Journeyman

This is for setting the default. I don't want to use default for people in my contact list, only for numbers I don't have in my contacts. I wanted to set up ringtones for my wife, my kids, people from work... Problem I'm having is I've got them set as different ringtones, but when any of them call, it uses the default ringtone, not the ringtone I have assigned on the contact screen.

Just a thought - but after you installed 2.1 did you shut off your phone and remove the battery. I know this has helped others with issues. Just a thought. I have assigned ringtones to contacts and just tried from my home to cell and it worked correctly.

Journeyman

thank you, that finally worked..

Glad it worked - enjoy the phone

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat