cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hero shows no service after firmware update

Highlighted
Journeyman

hero shows no service after firmware update

Two issues- first our exchange server at work updated from 2003 to 2007. Now I cannot get email  Trying to use OWA to push out my mail but so far no luck  While trying to resolve this I decided to see if there were any updates for my hero  Saw firmware update on phone so ran it and since then I get no phone service though wifi still works.  Additionally all my apps fail- causing a force shutdown of the app.  Can the firmware be reversed? Or what can I do?

Your help on either question is appreciated

Ken

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: hero shows no service after firmware update

try a soft-reboot (end-call hold... power-off, then, end-call to power-up)...  this should 'fix' most issues (like the remove-battery recommendation which is equivalent)...  if not, almost worst case is to do a factory-reset (losing all your customizations and not removing the firmware update) to see if thatll help...  and finally, you can go download the RUU and take your phone all the way back to (aprox) new out-of-the-box (pre firmware update) - and see how that helps...  gl, h.

Journeyman

Re: hero shows no service after firmware update

The hard reboot worked  I havemy phone operational again. Thanks- I was sweating for a day over this. I have now got to resolve my original issue  My admin at work upgraded the Exchange server to 2007 from 2003  Since then I no longer get my work email. How can I set my hero to receive email from the exchange server through OWA? How do I import a certificate? The admin indicated that I may need to import a cert to make it work. Any suggestions?  Again thanks for your help getting my phone back up and running. Any help with my other exchange issue is most appreciated.

Ken

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat