cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

htc hero text/chat problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: htc hero text/chat problem

A hard reset will not clear your SD card, it only clears the internal phone memory. To clear the SD card you need to format it, which can be found under settings.

If you save your contacts as "google" contacts and not as "phone" then they will automatically be backed up through your gmail account and when you first boot the phone (new phone or after a hard reset) they will automatically sync back to the phone. If all of your contacts are already saved as "phone" contacts then I don't think you can change them to "google", so you would need to either duplicate them all as "google" contacts or it would probably be easier to do it from a computer when logged into gmail.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ok man...you're gonna be like - DUH - but i figured it out.  i finally called HTC and the rep was able to answer my question in 2 minutes.  you had mentioned a possible "bank of america APP" that has been rumored to cause the threading issues....well i didn't think anything of it cause i haven't downloaded any apps.  however, when i called HTC the rep said that its not the app, its the daily text notifications that you can sign up for with bank of america.  and yes - i had subscribed to b of a's daily texts.  so that being said - i stopped all alerts and did a hard reset...so far so good.  i told the HTC rep that they need to contact sprint immediately and let them know, cause today a sprint rep called me and said that 'it is normal with hero's to have text bunding issues.'  that was sprints answer.  terrible....  this was my problem when i went into the sprint store yesterday; the tech guy didn't know how to fix the problem so he said 'it was my fault...must be something i did in settings.'  anyhow, this is no kind of answer to give to a high paying customer who's been with sprint for 10 years.

well...thanks for all your help.  i really hope that this is the end of my issues with this aspect of the phone so i can begin to enjoy it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

well thats good... I didn't really know the details about the bank of america issue but I knew I had read of people having problems with threading because of it, or I probably could have saved you at least some of that hassle.

Highlighted
Journeyman

well you definitely put me on the right path and encouraged me to learn a few other things about the phone along the way.  i appreciate your help - and now if anyone else ever has this problem, they will at least have a solution. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got mine this week & it does the same thing! In addition, if I reply to someone in that thread, it gets sent to the wrong person.

Hopefully after reading this thread I can find a solution....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hmmmm...bad batch from Best Buy?  I think NOT.  I got my Hero from a Sprint store about 10 days ago.  Love the phone, hate the text problem.  It's going in tomorrow.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The problem with threaded text messages is a known issue and should be fixed in the upcoming software release.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The update which we will find out about on this site at least 24 hours after it goes live.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem. And have stuggled. I will stop my bofa messages. But what is a hard reset? Can you walk me through that? Do I need to backup contacts or anything?

Would be seriuosly greatful!!!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat