cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

htc touch pro2, problems with text messaging?

Journeyman

htc touch pro2, problems with text messaging?

I currently own a htc touch pro2, and just yesterday (1/1/10), I received text messages and they have the correct date, but the year is wrong, it says 2016? I went to sprint to see if they can fix this, and they say its a networking problem, any idea when how soon this will be fixed?

they said try to reset it, take the battery out and put it back in, and I've been doing that but it's still the same.

also, it still has a bubble saying that i have one new text message, when I don't, how can I remove this?

24 REPLIES 24
Journeyman

Re: htc touch pro2, problems with text messaging?

I called in about both of the same problems... weird... the 2016 problem is still ongoing, there is no ETA and Support is not helpful AT ALL!!!

With regards to your issues with your unread message. I went through several troubleshooting steps with the Agent, all did not help. Before we went in to hacking the registry (which is what a friend of mine at MS said to do), I let them know that we can just do a factory reset on it as I had everything backed up.

Thank you MyPhone from Microsoft!

After resetting the phone to its factory defaults, everything worked fine. I re-downloaded Marketplace (http://mp.windowsphone.com) and got all of my apps reinstalled including MyPhone. Then I just sync'd my phone back up and got all my contacts back in.

Yes, it did take me 30 minutes to redo all of my settings, but a small price to pay to avoid any more painful troubleshooting that Sprint was having me do.

Good Luck and I hope this helps you!

Journeyman

Hey guys. the issue was resolved by me, go here thanks http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/142446#142446

HARD RESETTING WILL NOT WORK the phone will revert to the issue.

Message was edited by: Ziggy

Journeyman

how does this file work? do i download it on my phone or laptop? i downloaded it on my laptop and it won't open, please help!

will it erase my text messages or anything that's on my phone?

Journeyman

No it will not delete your text messages it will however only work on NEW text messages.

Download it to your computer. connect your data cable to your phone. transfer the .cab file to your phones memory card of the phone its self. Navigate to the file IN YOUR PHONE. and click, and install. once installed you are set. no need to restart.

Journeyman

don't have a data cable for my phone. any other way to do this?

Journeyman

Do you not have the cable which connects to the charger? you use the usb cord that you use to charge the phone.

Or if you have a MircoSD card for your phone. load it on that and install it from there.

Journeyman

ohhhhhhh! haha, now i figured it out. so i think my phone is fixed, as far as the year goes.

thank you sooooooo much! i really appreciate it!

as for the bubble that still says i have one new text, that still isn't going away. not a big problem, and i'll live with it.

Journeyman

Click the bubble and make sure you do not have one stuck. if you dont, then clear out your text messages. all will be well again

Journeyman

FYI, it's been reported that all Windows Mobile phones are showing the received date of SMS messages from 2016. Please note that this is not carrier specific. I received word that HTC is working on resolving this problem and I will post another update upon resolution.

Message was edited by: izzyks

Journeyman

Izzy,

How is HTC going to resolve this issue if it is not an HTC issue? This issue is across the board for all Windows Mobile Smart phones. This would be a Microsoft issue. So far in my trials

HTC,

Palm treo,

Samsung Omnia,

Samsung Intrepid,

Samsung Jack

Samsung Propel

LG insight

All of which are effected by this. HTC might be working with Microsoft on this issue, which i have spoken with an MS developer over there and she said they still haven't figured out the issue and have been checking into my fix to load into windows update.

Score one for the little guy.

I also spoke with one of your advanced tech reps in Kansas and told them where to find my fix in this forum, which is funny that this issue wasn't even address by Sprint till 24 hours after my call.

Interesting

Journeyman

Yes, you are correct. This isn’t' necessarily an HTC issue since it impacts all Windows Mobile devices; however, HTC is aware of the issue and they informed our device/development that a fix is being worked. As soon as I hear more this week, I'll post an update. If you happen to find out more information, please add to the post.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat