Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile network sharing user/pass

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

mobile network sharing user/pass

Hello, while browsing through my phone I saw an option for "mobile network sharing" I did some searching which brought me to this forum where it's discussed a little.

When I plug into USB and then turn this option on I get a dialog on my laptop saying "Uncofigured network" and it pops up a screen like this to configure it:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/newz2000/4010836405/

Anyone have ideas of what to put into these fields?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: mobile network sharing user/pass

Sprint has disabled it in the phone. No current real work-arounds

Windows users can use PDANet (or Mac through VMWare/Parallels).

Journeyman

Yup, they did. They use a two NAI system where the first NAI is your normal data user/pass and the 2nd is for users with PAM on their account (but since they don't even allow it on any of their plans anymore, Idk). Whenever you turn on that mobile network sharing option, if gives you an error 67 on the phone because the user/pass isn't set for that 2nd NAI and right now, I don't think there's a way to set it.

Journeyman

It is not that they have disabled it, it is simply a matter that you need to have the Phone As Modem service added to your monthly bill.  I do and Phone As Modem through Mobile Network Sharing works great.  Very fast.

Journeyman

Everything plans do not have a PAM option. When I called Sprint they said they couldn't put me on a different family plan.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat