cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"With Google" Branding - Sprint Please Respond

Highlighted
Journeyman

"With Google" Branding - Sprint Please Respond

Please explain. Some people report getting Sprint Hero's with a "With Google" branding on the back of the phone, just as seen in the videos on the Sprint site.

Are there two versions of the Sprint Hero out there? One branded and one not branded?

If there are, why? What is the difference?

Is there any truth to the Rev 0 v.s. Rev A stories out there relating to this?

Thank you.

Tags (4)
9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: "With Google" Branding - Sprint Please Respond

csmall wrote:

Please explain. Some people report getting Sprint Hero's with a "With Google" branding on the back of the phone, just as seen in the videos on the Sprint site.

Are there two versions of the Sprint Hero out there? One branded and one not branded?

Thank you.

Hmm I thought making a specific thread about this would centralize the Rev 0 Rev A questions. Guess not.

Journeyman

Edaze55 wrote:

csmall wrote:

Thank you.

Hmm I thought making a specific thread about this would centralize the Rev 0 Rev A questions. Guess not.

does it ever help?? No one ever looks before they post. The funny thing is the other thread is still recent and towards the top. smh

Wizard

Please search through the top list first when posting questions.  These have both been answered in the posts listed on the first page of this forum.

Answers:

There is no difference in internal hardware or software on any of the phones, regardless of what the packaging looks like.  The first 50,000 phones were made without the "google" on the back, the newer ones have google on the back.  The Rev A or Rev 0 or 1xRTT depends on what signal you are currently receiving at the time you check that page in settings.

I too was a little surprised that I was not receiving RevA at my house, but have seen it change as I travel around.

Journeyman

If you didn't notice my question was more so about the branding than the rev versions, but because it sounds related I tossed it in here.

Journeyman

koolhand79 wrote:

Edaze55 wrote:

csmall wrote:

Thank you.

does it ever help?? No one ever looks before they post. The funny thing is the other thread is still recent and towards the top. smh

Welcome to the "Now" generation.

Journeyman

I have seen a lot of Heros. I have a beta unit, and it does not say "With Google" anywhere on the device. The purchase units I have seen also do not say "With Google". I do not know if there are multiple batches, but from what I have seen thus far, no "With Google" anywhere on the device.

Journeyman

You guy's crack me up.

Journeyman

Wireless.O.G. wrote:

I have seen a lot of Heros. I have a beta unit, and it does not say "With Google" anywhere on the device. The purchase units I have seen also do not say "With Google". I do not know if there are multiple batches, but from what I have seen thus far, no "With Google" anywhere on the device.

Same here.

Journeyman

mmark27 wrote:

There is no difference in internal hardware or software on any of the phones, regardless of what the packaging looks like.

I personally don't think that's true. Obviously for some phones to have a "static" EvDO Rev. 0 label on them, there has to be something different with the software on them that caused this.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat