Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rooting issues

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

rooting issues

Hey everybody, I hope I get an answer for this real soon. I just rooted my HTC hero today and I found out (after i did it) that erasing google talk will mess up the market app is this true and if so how to get it back or fix the market without it because I have a lot of apps that I need to re-download also can this be done without unrooting the phone cause it works a lot better rooted thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: rooting issues

This would fall into the category of "if you root your phone, you may break your phone, and we can't help you".

That being said:

1) did you put a recovery image on the phone, or just root it?

2) If you put a recovery image on the phone, did you make a Nandroid backup?

Yes?  Restore from the recovery image and Nandroid backup.

No? You're stuck.

Download the 2.1 RUU from sprint.com/downloads and re-flash the phone to factory.  That may work. 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

wow that's comforting unfortunately i was so happy about rooting the phone i forgot to make the backup though rooting makes the phone SO MUCH BETTER sprint should really give the option of erasing all deleted apps

Message was edited by: bigrog6395

Journeyman

I rooted my phone and I am still able to access and use the market app...

Journeyman

Deleting google talk has been reported to break the market.  You haven't broke your phone. Option one would be flash a RUU and start over.  Option two would be to flash the newest sprint official ROM or another stable ROM (eg. Fresh 2.3 or Darchdroid v2.7).  I would go to a forum like xda-devs and search and read about rooting Heros and ROMs, before doing anything.  Good luck.

Journeyman

also there is a thread on xda that shows what has been tested to be safe to remove. search "Apps that you can/can't remove" under the Hero forums

Journeyman

thank you everybody who provided useful info hey precious do you have a link to that "apps you can/can't delete forum" for the htc hero i'm on the xda-developers website and i can't find it anywhere

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat