cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen won't rotate/change orientation

Highlighted
Journeyman

screen won't rotate/change orientation

My screen won't rotate in any application.

Accelerometer is working

Tried safe mode

What is this ********?

Message was edited by: racqueteer1

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: screen won't rotate/change orientation

bloodclot:   Make sure that MENU>Settings>Sound & display>Orientation (under display settings)  is checked.  I believe without that checked your phone would not properly orient.

Journeyman

It's checked.

Journeyman

Then I do not know what is wrong.  Also check each application that you are trying to rotate. ie. camera, browser, market, many of them have their own settings to control orientation too.  Being that I do not recall anyone else reporting a similar problem, it sounds like you have a hardware problem with your phone.  Sorry I could not help.

Journeyman

I had this issue as well.  My problem was that I was trying to change the orientation on the wrong side.  Be sure that that track ball is in your right hand.  I had it in my left and it would never transition and like you, thought it was broken.  I tried it the other way and it worked.  Hopefully this solves your problem.

Journeyman

It used to work. Not anymore. I know how to rotate a HTC hero screen.

Journeyman

Try re calibrating the G-sensor Calibration under the settings / Sound and Display.

When I was playing with my phone I messed with that setting and the phone rotation went wacky. Since I re-calibrated it all is well.

Journeyman

first calibration with GSensorCalibration is what threw the phone out of whack

re-recalibration was no help

What application is the GSensorCalibration data saved in? Maybe I could clear the cache.

Journeyman

If this doesn't apply take no offence - Sometimes we miss the easy things.  My friend did his calibration with the phone on edge, and the orientation went all wonky.  I had to tell him to lay it down on a flat surface and do it again.  Bingo!  Good luck.

Journeyman

none taken, phone was on a flat surface.

Journeyman

Mines all messed up... It just rocks back and forth for some reason cant figure it outt....

Journeyman

Mine was messed up after the first day, but I learned from this thread that the screen has to be face. I was putting it on a flat surface on it's side.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat