cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the process android.process.acore has stopped

Highlighted
Journeyman

the process android.process.acore has stopped

the weather wasn't updating correctly this morning so i did a soft reset. Now when i boot up i get this message. I can't go to settings or anything. Basically android won't boot up at all. 

Anyone have any ideas besides a hard reset.

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: the process android.process.acore has stopped

I had that problem as well lastnight. I had downloaded OPENHOME and a bunch of skins, keyboards, icons, and font packs. When i reset the hero i recieved ALOT of Force closes, including the one you are experiencing. I removed open home and it works perfectly now. If you have anything related to OPEN HOME i would try to remove it and see if it fixes it.

Journeyman

I have no open home software on there. I haven't downloaded anything this week. I can't get to settings or any menu type function. That error just populates over and over.

Journeyman

I too am receiving the error. My error seems to be revolving around the MMS and HTC mail program. Last night while typing out a long text I got the error and I lost all I had typed. Most of the time though I get the error, I force close, and then nothing happens. This has been going on for the last two weeks. I have not found a way to prevent the error.

Journeyman

It would seem that your phone is in trouble. The process being referenced is a core O/S process. I don't think a soft reset will help. I would remove the battery completely, leave the battery out for about 30 seconds, and then re-insert your battery and see if your phone will boot again. If not, I think a trip to your service center is in order. If you are adventurous enough, you can browse the Internet for the procedure to hard reset the phone. Not recommended for the everyday user.

Cheers

Journeyman

I am having this message too.  I have only had my phone for three days and it was working great.  Now, it says I have NO SERVICE!!  I don't get it.  I wrote to Sprint because now I have no phone to call them with :-(  BOO!  Why would it say I have no service?

Journeyman

Have you installed any apps in the last day or two?  This happened to me a week ago, and I went through the apps I had recently updated (I hadn't installed any new apps, but had just updated a few) and uninstalled them, and after a reboot it was back to fine...  try doing that (Settings--Applications--Manage Applications, then scroll to the apps in question and select them, then uninstall)

Journeyman

Probably need to hard reset. I used to get this on my G1... a lot. So, do a hard reset, repopulate your data and make sure to not have too many apps installed (most say 70 tops). Do this and you shouldn't see this again. Also, if you are using a task killer, don't. These also can cause this kind of damage.

Journeyman

I kind of followed a couple of the comments on this post. I went back and deleted all applications I had installed over the last couple of days and deleted Taskkiller. I then tried it again but still got the same error so I shut the phone off and turned it back on. It connected fine and the phone works fine now. I installed one application that gave me some trouble that I think may have been the problem. (Favorite Recipes by Favorite Android) That was the last one I installed and then noticed a hour later I had no phone and was getting the errors. Love the phone other than that.

Journeyman

Install a functioning ROM. Sprint can't help you.

http://geekfor.me/

Journeyman

I had the same problem about a week ago, talked on the phone, set it down picked it up about 30 mins later and it said 'no service' and was force closing everything i tried to open, thanks to the forums at www.htc-hero.com, i was given an answer and a solution, the fact is that your phone (HTC HERO) has an application limit, surpassing that limit results in the problem you and I experienced, it could also very well be a bad application, either way given that imfornation I deleted some apps I don't use or need, rebooted the phone all was back to normal. I noticed you'd already fixed the problem but i just thought i;d shed some additional light.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat