cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video 720 x 480 pixels for HERO?

Highlighted
Journeyman

video 720 x 480 pixels for HERO?

If the Nexus one has the same 5.0 meg camera hardware as the Hero.  Then the 2.1 OS should increase the

video cam resolution to 720 x 480 pixels like the Nexus one?

By the way I hope it improves the camera and camcorder, there are lower resolution cameras with better pictures, video.

Include Flash 10.0 and the ability to use voice for text input in any field, would top it off.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: video 720 x 480 pixels for HERO?

I agree!! I think I see somewhere that yes it will push the htc hero to its limits on resolution. I'm not sure about the camera and video. But the video part is ok as long as you run it on high settings. camera is worse then a cheap 20 dollar key chain  digital camera..

Journeyman

npatter3 wrote:

If the Nexus one has the same 5.0 meg camera hardware as the Hero.  Then the 2.1 OS should increase the

video cam resolution to 720 x 480 pixels like the Nexus one?

By the way I hope it improves the camera and camcorder, there are lower resolution cameras with better pictures, video.

Include Flash 10.0 and the ability to use voice for text input in any field, would top it off.

Highly doubtful to the point where I would say "definitely not." Increasing video resolution requires a significant jump in processing power. The Nexus One is a significantly more powerful machine than the Hero.

Journeyman

According to the spec. sheet for the Hero's Qualcomm Processor MSM7525.  The HTC site says the processor is a

MSM7600, either way the processor is awesome.

The processor is capable of recording video up to VGA (640 x 480) resolution at 30 fps.  So 720 x 480 at 20 fps looks

feasible like the Nexus one.

Even 640 x 480 at 30 fps alone would be awesome for the hero.

Look under video and imaging.  The chip capable of much more in all other areas too.

http://www.datasheetpro.com/268120_download_MSM7500_datasheet.html

http://www.datasheetpro.com/268121_download_MSM7600_datasheet.html

Message was edited by: npatter3

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat