cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voice dailing

Highlighted
Journeyman

voice dailing

I just got a Hero, I like it, blows my Palm Pre away...

One of the main reasons for leaving the Pre was it's lack of Voice Dialing.

The Hero has it, but it does not work(?).

I have to hold the phone to my ear to get it to respond to a voice command, however, it does not respond in a voice it gives me a text box to confirm the number and when I press OK, it crashes.

Any ideas out there????

Dave

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: voice dailing

Voice dialing isn't the greatest on the Hero.  I have not had good results when using the stock voice dialer app.  However, I have had fairly good results using the Google Search app as others have suggested using.  I always thought of this app as just a way to do internet searches, but it works for voice dialing too.  For example, after hitting the microphone and saying "Call Vicki work" it will dial the correct # 80% of the time.  When it doesn't, then it usually displays a list of #s to choose from.

Another related issue is not being able to voice dial via Bluetooth.  You would think a phone like this would be more than capable of doing that.

Hope this helps.  If you find any better solution, let us all know.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat