BlogArticlePage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Hyper Active with HTC One A9 and New HyperLapse Mode - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

Getting Hyper Active with HTC One A9 and New HyperLapse Mode - Sprint Product Ambassador

One thing I absolutely love about HTC phones is the selection of video processing features offered.  I might not always be the best photographer but with the HTC One line, I always feel I have enough cool enhancements, editing tools and effects to make even the most *blah* image turn into a Instagram-worthy post.

One new feature included on the HTC One A9 is a feature for video called “HyperLapse” and it’s just the thing I was looking for when filming some of my nature walks, canoe trips and anything that tends to be a little slow paced for a general video post.  As the name sounds, “HyperLapse” is your own mini Time-Lapse camera, allowing you to speed up video by 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 10x up to 12x speed.

This can be good for adding effects or squishing some more general video footage into a smaller file.

Just check out this lighting fast Whale Shark I filmed at the Georgia Aquarium:

Now, don't be fooled.  Despite the typical "Shark Speed" seen here, this gentle giant was barely gliding through the water for 20 seconds.  However knock that time to 2 seconds and it tells a very different story.

Can you guys think of any interesting applications for HyperLapse?  Really the sky's the limit and no other video software required.  All available for pre-shot video as well as video already recorded.  See  what interesting effects you can achieve.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.