cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One A9 Product Ambassador: A new phone on a busy week. What worked, what didn�t and what is cool.

Sprint Product Ambassador

I am not very good at swapping phones. I mean, I can activate a new device – but swapping information is sometime tough, since I get used to how my old phone is set up. I know my buttons, and where my apps are, and I am bad about putting my photos and such in the cloud. So when I do get an upgrade, or agree to be product ambassador for a new device, I try to make sure that there isn’t too much going on in my personal or work life so that I have the time built for the learner’s curve I know I will have.

So when I swapped over to the HTC One A9 last week, I thought I’d have an easy week, and plenty of time to swap content and set up phones. But then I got assigned a new project with a tight deadline. And I ended up having many things going on after work.

Thank goodness then for the HTC Transfer Tool – all of my pictures even swapped from my phone, and with the exception of setting up the app’s (and remembering my passwords) it may have been the easiest set up I’ve had. And since I use the pictures on my phone as a way to show my kids activities to my mom when I visit, I was very glad I didn’t have to figure out how to upload the old phone’s ones.

However, I did have a bit of a hiccup with the email application. I use my phone for work email access too when I am away from my desk. Having access to work information while not at my desk helps me have a better work/life balance.  After adding my account to the email app on the phone (along with my personal Gmail account) I learned that in order to have full Exchange account functions – I needed to download the HTC Email Application and use that instead for Exchange (I couldn’t access the global directory until I did that).  I think I am set now though with the application.

Finally, the coolness factor. I’ve had devices with the fingerprint lock before, but for some reason this one really tickles me. It works better than other devices I have had (set up seemed more thorough than other scanners) and I love how quick it is to work.  My kids call it the spy phone.

Next week I’m going to be picking apart the photo and video functions, so let me know if you have any specific questions about either!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.sprintemployee

4 Comments