cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One A9 Product Ambassador ? The phone has survived my tests of strength.

Sprint Product Ambassador

A strong phone is a must for me. Since I will admit that I sometimes have sticky fingers and sometimes things get dropped.  However, I do try to put my phone to the test without purposely ruining it. I am not overly careful, but I also don?t drop it on purpose. I am accident prone enough without having to make up test scenarios.

Last week though I experience a rather comical test of the phone's strength. It snowed, and as we were getting out of the car in the garage my phone fell off my lap "face" first as I was thinking instead about where the shovel was. I thought I would have a cracked screen for sure, but no, thankfully - not even a scratch.

I then put my phone in my pocket (I thought safely) but as I was grabbing the shovel on the way out of the garage my coat pocket with the phone got caught in the door.  I checked, the phone was fine (expected, as the coat protected it). But next while shoveling my phone fell out of my pocket and onto the ice and snow. And again? Fine.

At that point I decided to stop and bring the phone inside before I could "test" the strength more.

Two things contributed to the success of my accidental test.  The first is what it comes with  the Corning® Gorilla® Glass.  Much has been written about how this glass works and you can read more here:  I'll just add that this accident prone gal has had this phone for 2 months and it has no scratches (knock on wood). 

And the second contribution to my successful "tests" of phone's strength was my purchase of the HTC One A9 Case, LK HTC A9 Case, Ultra [Slim Thin] TPU Gel Rubber Soft Skin Silicone Protective Case Cover for HTC One A9 (Clear).  I bought this on my own from Amazon, for $7.99  as I wanted to test a different case than the Dot View Case I had with my HTC One E8. (you can read my review on that cover here .

I loved the coolness factor of the Dot View case, wanted something that felt "cleaner". I like that this case doesn't add weight or bulkiness. And the plastic did save the phone on the driveway floor. And the plastic seems clean too when I wipe it down. And it is easy to slip on and off.

So have you dropped the phone yet? How has your screen fared?

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee